19104Re: [William Optics] Re: Linear Focuser

  • Sander Pool
    Dec 9, 2008
      Thanks for these photos. Looks like a gorgeous focuser. Did you find out
      the thread size that holds the 2" compression fitting? I've considered
      removing mine but with the second set screw I've eliminated flexure
      there so I've shelved it for now.

      Sander

      aruangra wrote:

      > I uploaded some photos in this folder:
      > and show some dimensions.
      >
      > My initial evaluations:
      > 1) The focuser is a 2" focuser, not a 2.5" focuser.
      > 2) The two setscrews on the top are not used. You can see that they
      > are not extended to the drawtube.
      > 3) Three plastic setscrews are used to hold the focuser assembly to
      > the OTA and three plastic setscrews are used to hold the 2" adapter to
      > the drawtube. I think it is not secured to use plastic setscrews. I
      > understand that they are used to prevent scratches but the strength is
      > more important than cosmetic issues in this case. I will replace them
      > with stainless steel setscrews.
      >
      > This focuser is a BIG improvement for AP because:
      > 1) the drawtube can be locked.
      > 2) the microfocuser is very SMOOTH.
      > 3) the 2" adapter can be removed. So a ccd camera can be fixed rigidly
      > to the drawtube by a custom-made adapter.
      >
      > Regards,
      > Anat
      >
      > -

    • Show all 26 messages in this topic