16963Re: (Slightly OT) US Import Taxes from Taiwan

  • Morris Bagnall
    Dec 23, 2007
      UPDATE:

      It ships tomorrow EMS.

      Probably be here tomorrow afternoon then :)

      That EMS service usually gets me my kitchen knives in 4 days door to
      door (and my makers are usually not in large towns).

      Go WO!

      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Morris Bagnall" <morris@...>
      wrote:

      > Thanks Brad; your experience comforts me.
      >
      > I have always had outstanding service from WO in the USA and expect
      > no less from Taiwan. Once you start involving Ebay and paypal
      though
      > it does throw in an extra couple of levels of potential
      complication.

      > I have many knives sent from Japan through EMS and it is an awesome
      > service; so darned fast!
      >
      > I appreciate your time and advice and I wait in anticipation of my
      > email :)
      >
      > Cheers!
      >

      > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "brad.bittinger"
      > <brad.bittinger@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I've gotten several Ebay-WO items shipped from Taiwan. WO will
      let
      > > you know when it ships (and since that's via EMS, that won't be
      till
      > > Monday) and the tracking number. If you have't heard anything by
      > > Monday night, send a message through Ebay; WO has been very
      > responsive
      > > to queries, though because of the time difference, I've had to
      wait
      > > overnight for the answers.
      > >
      > > No Worries.
      > >
      > > -Brad
      > > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Morris Bagnall" <morris@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I just wanted to check:
      > > >
      > > > did you guys get an email from WO Taiwan confirming the
      purchase?
      > > > just got a scope on ebay form WO Taiwan and haven't heard
      > anything.
      > > > Being as it is a holiday period it may be they are not shipping
      > till
      > > > after the break but I am just concerned that they are still
      > waiting
      > > > for my payment (some technical glitch).
      > > >
      > > > Thanks.
      > > >
      > > > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "tchphysics" <jamacq@>