16962Re: (Slightly OT) US Import Taxes from Taiwan

  • Morris Bagnall
    Dec 22, 2007
      Thanks Brad; your experience comforts me.

      I have always had outstanding service from WO in the USA and expect
      no less from Taiwan. Once you start involving Ebay and paypal though
      it does throw in an extra couple of levels of potential complication.

      I have many knives sent from Japan through EMS and it is an awesome
      service; so darned fast!

      I appreciate your time and advice and I wait in anticipation of my
      email :)

      Cheers!

      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "brad.bittinger"
      <brad.bittinger@...> wrote:

      > I've gotten several Ebay-WO items shipped from Taiwan. WO will let
      > you know when it ships (and since that's via EMS, that won't be till
      > Monday) and the tracking number. If you have't heard anything by
      > Monday night, send a message through Ebay; WO has been very
      responsive
      > to queries, though because of the time difference, I've had to wait
      > overnight for the answers.
      >
      > No Worries.
      >
      > -Brad
      > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Morris Bagnall" <morris@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > I just wanted to check:
      > >
      > > did you guys get an email from WO Taiwan confirming the purchase?
      > > just got a scope on ebay form WO Taiwan and haven't heard
      anything.
      > > Being as it is a holiday period it may be they are not shipping
      till
      > > after the break but I am just concerned that they are still
      waiting
      > > for my payment (some technical glitch).
      > >
      > > Thanks.
      > >
      > > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "tchphysics" <jamacq@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "tchphysics" <jamacq@>

      > > > expect
      > > percentage
      > > > of

      > > > I am happy to report that my scope arrived with no taxes. I'm
      also
      > > > thrilled to report that the scope arrived from Taiwan to
      Virginia
      > > in
      > > > less than 96 hours. WO Taiwan seems to be able to get stuff to
      us
      > > > faster than most US merchants.
      > > >
      > > > Jeff

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic