16961Re: (Slightly OT) US Import Taxes from Taiwan

  • brad.bittinger
    Dec 22, 2007
      I've gotten several Ebay-WO items shipped from Taiwan. WO will let
      you know when it ships (and since that's via EMS, that won't be till
      Monday) and the tracking number. If you have't heard anything by
      Monday night, send a message through Ebay; WO has been very responsive
      to queries, though because of the time difference, I've had to wait
      overnight for the answers.

      No Worries.

      -Brad
      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Morris Bagnall" <morris@...>
      wrote:

      > I just wanted to check:
      >
      > did you guys get an email from WO Taiwan confirming the purchase? I
      > just got a scope on ebay form WO Taiwan and haven't heard anything.
      > Being as it is a holiday period it may be they are not shipping till
      > after the break but I am just concerned that they are still waiting
      > for my payment (some technical glitch).
      >
      > Thanks.
      >
      > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "tchphysics" <jamacq@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "tchphysics" <jamacq@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I purchased a scope from WO Taiwan and am wondering how much to
      > > expect
      > > > in US import taxes. Does anyone have any experience with buying
      > > > directly from Taiwan and recall the tax if any paid as a
      > percentage
      > > of
      > > > the product?
      > > >
      > > > Thanks.
      > > >
      > > > Jeff
      > > >

      > > I am happy to report that my scope arrived with no taxes. I'm also
      > > thrilled to report that the scope arrived from Taiwan to Virginia
      > in
      > > less than 96 hours. WO Taiwan seems to be able to get stuff to us
      > > faster than most US merchants.
      > >
      > > Jeff

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic