16825[William Optics] Re: (Slightly OT) US Import Taxes from Taiwan

  • Mark Rieck
    Dec 1, 2007
      I'm uncertain what you mean by your last sentence.

      Mark

      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, Lee Paul <lpaul31ld@...>
      wrote:

      > Mark, Last Year I purchased a Demo UWAN 28mm with a little damage
      for $189.00. The inport duty on this was $35.00! Needless to say I
      was surprised, but it is a great Eyepiece and the price was right,
      so It didn't bother me. Good Luck to you! Let us know what yours
      is!?

      > Lee
      >
      > Mark Rieck <derklaus@...> wrote:
      > 8% might be a safe estimate.
      >
      > Mark
      > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "tchphysics" <jamacq@>
      wrote:

      > > I purchased a scope from WO Taiwan and am wondering how much to
      > expect
      > > in US import taxes. Does anyone have any experience with buying
      > > directly from Taiwan and recall the tax if any paid as a
      percentage
      > of
      > > the product?
      > >
      > > Thanks.