14822Re: [William-Optics] Re: Zenithstar ED or FD for wide field astronomy?

  • Szalma Zsolt
    May 1, 2007
      Hi Don,

      Thank you! Yes, I am sure the FD is very good scope. If I had the money,
      I'd go for it without hesitation. I still don't know how much it costs
      in Hungary, but a friend of mine (he runs an astro business) will find
      out soon. I don't plan to engage in any kind of photography with it.

      Zsolt Szalma

      Don Klabunde wrote:
      > Zsolt,
      > I've had my Z80FD for a year and half and wouldn't part with it. The
      > views are tack sharp, color free visually, and you can also take
      > great photos with it.
      > One thing to consider is if you might want to use this as a spotting
      > scope or telephoto lens someday. If so, then color correction makes
      > a BIG difference, especially in bright sun light.
      > The FD with it's better color correction is a much better way to go
      > if you want a multi-use scope like I did.
      > Don
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic