14383Re: Dark Line, Spikey Star Problems

  • Timm Bottoni
    Apr 1, 2007
      Hi Rod and Chris - Rain and clouds here ;-)

      I agree and that is why I was commenting on why more people haven't
      seemed to care. If more people cared, then I think you would have
      seen a bigger response in this group and others.

      And Chris - Excellent pics!

      Again here is why I think it is not a big issue for most...

      1) It only shows up in some astrophoto shots, of some scopes, and
      has no effect on visual performance.
      2) It is seen in a variety of scopes, brands, and models.
      3) It is not all that objectionable to some people.
      4) There appears to be two fixes for the issue; Use a slight
      aperture mask, or contact WO's excellent customer support and return
      it.

      Here's another excellent site of astrophotos
      http://www.helixgate.net/

      Take a look at NGC 2024, the Flame Nebula, it's beautiful to me, in
      spite of some slight dark lanes.

      Timm

      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "Rod Mollise" <rmollise@...>

      Optics@yahoogroups.com]
      > On Behalf Of Chris Appleton
      > Sent: Sunday, April 01, 2007 12:07 PM
      > To: William-Optics@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: [William-Optics] Re: Dark Line, Spikey Star Problems
      >

      > --- In William-Optics@ <mailto:William-Optics%40yahoogroups.com>
      > yahoogroups.com, "Rod Mollise" <rmollise@>
      > wrote:
      >
      > Hi Rod
      >
      > I know you have been in the hobby much longer than me which I
      respect
      > and I thank you for confirming this dark line issue involving other
      > brands/types of scopes. I wish this topic would just fade away and
      > the negative talk about the WO scopes 110 & 132 and the praising of
      > TMB & TEC would please stop.
      >
      > Best to all!
      >
      > Chris Appleton
      >

      > > Common? I'll say. I've noted this same effect in some film images
      > I've taken
      > > over the years which include very bright stars. Images taken in
      > _SCTs_!
      > >
      > > Peace,
      > > Rod Mollise
      > > Author of:
      > > Choosing and Using a Schmidt Cassegrain Telescope
      > > and
      > > The Urban Astronomer's Guide
      > > <http://skywatch. <http://skywatch.brainiac.com/astroland>
      > brainiac.com/astroland>
      > >

      > > _____
      > >
      > > From: William-Optics@ <mailto:William-Optics%40yahoogroups.com>
      > yahoogroups.com [mailto:William-
      > Optics@yahoogroups. <mailto:Optics%40yahoogroups.com> com]
      > > On Behalf Of Chris Appleton
      > > Sent: Sunday, April 01, 2007 10:34 AM
      > > To: William-Optics@ <mailto:William-Optics%40yahoogroups.com>
      > yahoogroups.com
      > > Subject: [William-Optics] Re: Dark Line, Spikey Star Problems
      > >

      > > --- In William-Optics@ <mailto:William-Optics%40yahoogroups.com>
      > > yahoogroups.com, Daniel Janosick <danjanos@>
      > > wrote:
      > >
      > > Danny, they are more common I agree with Timm. There was a very
      > > recent discussion on the Uncensored Tak group (I am a member
      there
      > > also) in regards to these dark lanes showing up with the new Tak
      > > refractors.
      > >
      > > Chris A

    • Show all 45 messages in this topic