12232Re: High Power EP info for the ZS110

  • nick645422
    Dec 1, 2006
      I have a TV 3-6mmm Zoom and I've used it extensively for high power
      planetary observation. It's extremely contrasty and sharp and the
      great thing is you can adjust the zoom to keep up with the seeing.
      Also I wear glasses and the eye relief is actually OK for me. It's
      the best zoom I've ever used.

      Definetly recommended, or try the William Optics 4mm superwide which
      is also good value for the money if you like a wider field. If you
      want a tight field and maximum contrast the humble plossl with
      relatively few elements is also a great eyepiece for high power
      observation...

      --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, profcqr <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > Thanks Laurent. I wondered about the TV 3-6mm EP. I don't know
      > anything about it and was always concerned with just how good
      > a "zoom" EP is due to the mechanics of it. I'll have to do more
      > research on that EP.
      > Dave
      >
      > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, "havane45" <havane45@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > I use a 3-6mm zoom for high power with my ZS110 (approx. 130X to
      > 250X).
      > > Have the 2-4mm too but in my west Paris suburb and the pollution
      > you
      > > can imagine, I could use it at 2.5 only once in a full year and
      > may
      > > sell it.
      > > I cannot say it is the best, I just say the 3-6mm is a very
      > convenient
      > > eyepiece with the ZS110 especialy for planetary.
      > >
      > > Laurent
      > >

      > > --- In William-Optics@yahoogroups.com, profcqr <no_reply@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I'm honing in on a single high power EP and I'd like to hear
      > your
      > > > thoughts. Expecially, you owners of the ZS110. I've posted
      > another
      > > > question about EPs on the CN forum but I'd like to hear from
      > folks
      > > > observing with the same focal length scope. A variety of
      > respondents
      > > > suggested some great suggestions for planetary EPs but, if
      > possible,
      > > > I'm trying to keep from buying several more EPs. Actually,
      (this
      > may
      > > > not be the best reason to buy either of these brands, but) I
      > really
      > > > like the TV, Pentax and WO products!
      > > > I'd like to buy one high power EP for all my high power
      > observing. I'm
      > > > looking at either the UAWN 4mm or the Pentax XW 5mm. I like
      the
      > eye
      > > > relief of the Pentax. Only having three other EPs (TV 35mm
      Pan,
      > TV
      > > > 25mm Plossl and TV 10mm Radian, I've come to enjoy the ease of
      > looking
      > > > through them. I want to stay away from EPs with tiny openings
      > look
      > > > through. Anyone using either of these EPs for your all around
      > high
      > > > power observing?
      > > > I'd appreciate any advice and info.
      > > > Thanks,