      From: xlh1450
      Sent: Sunday, October 01, 2006 12:46 AM
      Subject: [William-Optics] Re: 132mm

      Mike,

      You need to get out more! With all the flak going on about the new 132, I don't know how you missed it

      The newest scope offering is a 132mm which William is showing off at the Photokina show. He took some pictures before he left and they are posted in the photos section under FLT132.

      Myself, it looks like the new 132 could be labeled a Megrez, as it has more in common with that line, optically and aestheticaly, especially with the black ring.  I think the FLT 110 is just breathtaking. I didn't get a chance to view through one, no time, but Ed, next door,  has the ZS 110, and the optics are the same. I'm having a hard time deciding which one I'll get, since I sold my ZS105 to make way for one or the other. If the 132 were to be coming with the same focuser as the FLT110, then my decision would be made.

      Based on the comparision picture in the Photos section, the 132 is considerably larger and I think the weight is close to 26 pounds, but don't quote me.

      Garry

      --- In William-Optics@ yahoogroups. com, "Mike" <isildur@...> wrote:

       Are there plans for a WO 132mm refractor? Just curious!

       Mike
       Orlando, FL

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic