      From: William-Optics@yahoogroups.com [mailto: William-Optics@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of David Moorhouse
      Sent: Monday, July 31, 2006 1:34 AM
      To: William-Optics@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [William-Optics] Re: any news on the 66mm apo binoculars?

      I love binocular viewing and have probably taken this a bit farther
      than William Optic have. This is the only true way to appreciate the
      night sky.

      I was using my 16" (406mm) homemade binos last Friday, the veiws of
      Jupiter the Swan nebula and the Trifid with two 13mm Naglers at 150x
      were spellbinding. The ring nebula just hung in space, just showing
      texture around the edge. Dumbell with two UHC filters is stunning, the
      ears showing up clearly and mottling of the apple core easily seen.
      Omega Centaurus and 47 Tuc old favorites didn't leave you wondering
      what is in the depths either, they are fall off the step ladder objects!

      Apeture rulz. Have a look at my webpage talking about the making and
      use of my truely big binos :-)

      BTW I love my 80mm F6 Megrez it's a stunner as well :-)

      David Moorhouse
      New Zealand

      http://www.binoscop e.co.nz

      "markvints" <mark.vints@ ...>
      "tonyward1ca" <tonyward@>
      >> wrote:
      >> >
      >> > Well I have no word on how the project stands Mark, but I did
      >> manage
      >> > to purchase the prototype from David and William at NEAF, and I
      >> can
      >> > only say that the performance is everything that I hoped for. I
      >> have a
      >> > wooden parallelogram- style mount, and once I had figured out
      >> > suitable bracket that allowed them to balance correctly they
      >> became
      >> > my binocular of choice for most purposes. My finest sight has
      > been
      >> the
      >> > three brightest components of Comet 73P --- C,B & G --- from
      >> > suburban backyard. The contrast in everything you would wish ...
      >> >
      >> > --- Tony
      >> >
      >> > Scientists studying penguins say that they are definitely up to
      >> > something ...
      >> >

      >> > --- In William-Optics@ yahoogroups. com,

      > using
      >> the