Fw: Neighborhood Associations info from Cool Cities Project/global warming

  • Barry Wilson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 6, 2007
      From: RAHoecker@...
      To: BarryW9@...
      Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2007 12:14 PM
      Subject: Neighborhood Associations info from Cool Cities Project/global warming

      Hello Neighborhood Associations,

      Below is an announcement about upcoming events regarding what S. Portland can do to address Global Warming. Anything you can do to spread the word to your neighborhood associations would be great. Feel free to contact me or the number listed below for more information.

      Thanks,
      Karlee Hoecker
      Marriner St.
      S. Portland

      What can YOU do about global warming? Join your
      community to watch Al Gore's "An Inconvenient Truth"
      presentation put on by Ray Sirois of The Climate
      Project, and discuss what we can do to reduce South
      Portland's global warming emissions. Held at the
      South Portland Community Center, 21 Nelson Rd., on
      Tuesday, July 24 at 6:30pm.

      Also, watch for upcoming events for households,
      businesses, schools and municipalities each month
      through the fall. This is a South Portland community
      effort to join the Cool Cities project and commit to
      reducing global warming emissions. Call 761-5616 for
      more info.

    • david bourke
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 8, 2007
        Barry,

        I thought that part of our charter is that we do not take political positions and engage in controversial issues. Why was this highly biased message sent to the WNA group? The whole issue of man's impact on global warming/cooling (change) is based on a consensus of opinion rather than prov-en scientific facts.

        Dave