Zoning improvements

  • david bourke
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2006
      The WNA has received a request from Tex Haeuser, Planning Director, to provide ideas in each of the following three areas:

      1. Broad, general thoughts about zoning and land use regulations in South Portland;

      2. Specific zoning/land use regulation concerns, citing the relevant ordinance if possible; and,

      3. Specific ideas for improving the Zoning Ordinance or other land use regulations, again citing ordinance sections if possible.

      The Zoning Ordinance (chapter 27) and Subdivision Ordinance (chapter 24) may be viewed and downloaded electronically from the Code of Ordinances link on the City's web site: www.southportland.org

      Please e-mail all comments to me by noon on Thursday, September 14. The Project Plan group will then consolidate your remarks for discussion and approval at our September 21 meeting. We will then forward the WNA ideas to Tex prior to his deadline of September 29. This information is being solicited from all neighborhood groups in order to help the Zoning Improvements Committe.

      Thanks in advance for your assistance in this important project.

      Dave Bourke
      davembourke@...