Re: [WNA] Willard Square Summer Night

  • Paul Leddy
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 1, 2011
      Good Morning Wynne,

      I spoke with Ben Trout yesterday about performing live with his band "the Joint Chiefs" and he said he would be delighted. Ben is a Willard Beach neighbor along with band mate Charlie Schmidt (peble st). They could have between 4 and 6 band members perform at $75.00 each. Just a thought, these guys are fun and progressive and play a mix of originals and covers. They perform regularly in Portland at the lobster Cooker on Commercial Street over the summer.

      Paul Leddy

      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 1, 2011
        Hi Wynne; Please let us know what we can do to help, Thanks Wayne
        Quoting wynne :

      • DALabrie@myfairpoint.net
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 1, 2011
          Sounds like lots of fun! Although I can't commit to the weekly
          meetings, I am available for assistance with projects as they arise.

          Aileen LaBrie

          Quoting WayneHRoss@...:

[...]

        • wynne
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 1, 2011
            Thanks again for so many generous offers to help make the Willard Summer Night really happen! We are making great progress and we will post news as we progress.

            Yes, we would love to have local artisans set up tables!! so please contact me (wynne) if you are interested and I will get you on the list.

            Our planning committee (we are calling ourselves the Willard Fest Committee now) has a few shout outs...

            1) We are searching for a "fiscal agent" so that we have a channel for money raised and anticipated expenses. WE were hoping WNA would be interested in this role, but does anyone have a connection here to help us out on this end?

            2) Anyone interested in helping "knock n'talk", gather signatures, and pass out postcards this week?? Our block party application requires us to gather some neighborhood signatures from abutters to the square (we are expanding it to a 500' radius for sound as well). This must be to be completed in time for the next City Council Meeting...our deadline is June 9th. Please contact Tom at tkubasik@... if you can help!!