Looking for Yule Texts

  • Monika R
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 3, 2002
      Merry meet all,
      I need to find a few texts dealing with The Holly and Oak Kings. I'm
      looking for "Twas the Night Before Yule", "The Eviction Notice", and
      other similar, fun texts. If anyone has this info or knows where to
      find them, please let me know. I had them previously but was lost
      when my comp had to go through a full reinstall.
      Thank you so much in advanced.
      Blessed Be and Merry Part,
      Monika
    • Mary Sue Eaton
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 5, 2002
        MM, Try these sites....
        http://members.tripod.com/~Willow_Firesong/

        http://www.circleamaurot.com/Poems-html/twastheni.html

        Still looking for Holly/Oak Kings stuff for you. Hope it helps.

        mary

        --- In WiccaInCO@y..., "Monika R" <ladyyaraina@p...> wrote:
        > Merry meet all,
        > I need to find a few texts dealing with The Holly and Oak Kings.
        I'm
        > looking for "Twas the Night Before Yule", "The Eviction Notice",
        and
        > other similar, fun texts. If anyone has this info or knows where to
        > find them, please let me know. I had them previously but was lost
        > when my comp had to go through a full reinstall.
        > Thank you so much in advanced.
        > Blessed Be and Merry Part,
        > Monika
      • Mary Sue Eaton
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 5, 2002
          Try this one also.

          http://www.thefirespiral.com/hollyoak.html
          Good luck.

          You might want to just "Google" and type in the Eviction Notice and
          see what comes up.

          Mary

          --- In WiccaInCO@y..., "Monika R" <ladyyaraina@p...> wrote:
          > Merry meet all,
          > I need to find a few texts dealing with The Holly and Oak Kings.
          I'm
          > looking for "Twas the Night Before Yule", "The Eviction Notice",
          and
          > other similar, fun texts. If anyone has this info or knows where to
          > find them, please let me know. I had them previously but was lost
          > when my comp had to go through a full reinstall.
          > Thank you so much in advanced.
          > Blessed Be and Merry Part,
          > Monika
        • Megas Tu
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 18, 2002
            Have you thought of typing in "Mike Nichols" as a search term and
            then in separate quotation marks enter in "Holly King" and "Oak king?"
          • Deanna
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 19, 2002
              I actually took the info in this message and found some stuff.  lots of good stuff.  Even the official Mike Nichols page.  Now , Can anyone answer me this, who is mike Nichols and what is his level of prestige as a writer , theologian , etc.?
              Deanna
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 19, 2002
                Deanna, actually, Mike Nichols has a good reputation for both good
                research and also for some thoughts that are unconventional within
                the conventional Wiccan setting, such as his article on rethinking
                the Quarters.
              • Deanna
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 19, 2002
                  So , basically he is a reputable source , correct?
                  Deanna

                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 20, 2002
                    Deanna, Mike is most definitely respected and regarded as a reputable source for research. Also, I suggest looking up information regarding (oh shoot, I am drawing a blank on her name and she and I have done rituals together!) Rowan Moonstone. She is a Georgian HPS here in town and has done excellent research on all of the Sabbats, relating them to Celtic myths and origins.