I had to share this!

  • Coyotewolf58@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2004
      Merry Meet,

        I just had to share this!  I just left a mixed Native American group that I was invited to. I have to say that I left very upset!   I went there to learn and all i saw was disrespect for some of the Native American people who were there. Our disagreements are small next to what i saw there!  It is "run" by a man who is Native American but who is trying to learn his culture, his wife is a christen minster! I now know why I have such a great dislike for most christens. After a few members left they laughed and said that they didn't care. These people were very upset at not being understood!  I as a Wiccan understand their feelings. I know how hurtful some christens can be, i say some because there are some very nice christens as my best friend at work is one of them. I consider her a sister to me as she would do anything for me and i her. I needed to get that off of my chest! Some of the posts got me so upset that i just sat and cried!  Thanks for letting me share this. Thats why i haven't been posting so much, I needed some time off to get myself together and to think.

                                                                           Love and Blessings to you all!
                                                                             CoyoteWolf
    • LONNIE HEADLEY
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 14, 2004
        This situation is an example of why so many covens don't last. Yes, I know,
        this isn't about a coven. The situation, however, sounds familiar. Certain
        people has to gain self-esteem by making themselves feel more intelligent at
        the expense of someone else. They have the desire to lead, but don't have
        the patience to help teach. Teaching is done with patience and kindness, not
        by belittling those who don't know as much as you. And besides, who says
        they don't know as much as the others...maybe their knowledge lies in
        another field. In any group we have group dynamics and it only take a couple
        of bad apples to blow apart the whole group.

        Kat