I really think this is a stupid idea.

  • ilovewallshooters
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 26, 2005
      Why breed?
      I'll tell you, to be able to feel the glory of raising a funtional
      child in society. To be able to have a disaplined person be able and
      help the HUMAN race and ANIMALS, too.
      Phasing ourselves out wont help at all, we've saved many species from
      going extinct. If they are about to go extinct, we breed them in
      captivity and they turn out fine.
      I can understand not breeding for a while to drop population but to do
      this in a way that kills off the entire human race? That's pretty
      stupid. Weve hepled the earth in a number of ways, going in an
      inturrupting the natural cycle of life has drastically changes
      populations in a good way.
      I cannot help laughing out loud at the most retarded idea I have ever
      heard.
      Someday the human race will reach carrying capacity and we will all
      die naturally. But we will still be able to come back. When we do hit
      carrying capacity our population will drop. Settle till then, this
      movement will never make it.
    • Les U. Knight
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 27, 2005
        Thanks for your posting, ilovewallshooters. It's been a while since
        we had something besides spam or an off-the-wall rant.

        >Why breed?
        I'll tell you, to be able to feel the glory of raising a funtional
        child in society. To be able to have a disaplined person be able and
        help the HUMAN race and ANIMALS, too.<

        Seems to me it's not necessary to breed to take on this endeavor.

        >Phasing ourselves out wont help at all, we've saved many species from
        going extinct. If they are about to go extinct, we breed them in
        captivity and they turn out fine.<

        Captive breeding programs to save species from going extinct have
        very limited success due to the lack of habitat to release them into.
        That's the main reason they're extinct in the wild: habitat has been
        converted to human habitat or we've taken their habitat for our use.
        We are the ones we are saving them from.

        >I can understand not breeding for a while to drop population but to do
        this in a way that kills off the entire human race? That's pretty
        stupid.<

        I know it seems like it at first glance.

        > Weve hepled the earth in a number of ways, going in an
        inturrupting the natural cycle of life has drastically changes
        populations in a good way.<

        I can't think of any way we've helped Earth's biosphere except by
        undoing what we've done.

        >I cannot help laughing out loud at the most retarded idea I have ever
        heard.<

        How about the advancement-impaired idea that humans are like mindless
        yeast, breeding themselves until there's no more food and they dieoff
        in their own waste?

        >Someday the human race will reach carrying capacity and we will all
        die naturally. But we will still be able to come back. When we do hit
        carrying capacity our population will drop.<

        I have more faith in humanity's abilities to think and feel: we can
        figure out what we're doing and care enough to do the right thing.

        > Settle till then, this movement will never make it.<

        All the more reason to not create another of us, huh?

        Les