Re: pro breeding

  • oo_valerie_oo
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2, 2003
      --- In Why_breed@yahoogroups.com, "muggin_girl" <mkesich@h...> wrote:
      > Hello all:
      >
      > Oddly enough I came across your site while surfing for ideas for
      > the eco house we are planning to build.
      >
      > I agree with some of the points of your movement. But I think that
      > the key issue at hand is not to stop having children all together
      > but if you wish to have a healthy planet how to do it.

      <snip>

      > So I sit back and think...less people is probably better true, but
      > I wanted children (and would feel empty not having them) and plan
      > to raise them to walk and not leave a trace of where they stepped.
      > So the key is not to deny yourself children (if you don't want
      > kids, fine by me, in fact you have my respect for being honest and
      > upfront)but to take the job of being a parent seriously. It is a
      > privilege not a right to have children. You must ensure that they
      > are going to contibute globally, not just work to buy another SUV.

      <snip>

      excuse me, but the logic is flawed. no matter how amazingly
      terrific/SUV free/eco-house building a parent may be....there is NO
      guarantee that the child will follow in their parents' birkenstocks.

      if you feel empty....adopt, become a foster parent or get a puppy
      (from the animal shelter of course).

      best of luck when your child turns 15 and starts burning styrofoam in
      your front yard just to piss you off.

      -valerie
    • oo_valerie_oo
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 2, 2003