Re: Having kids is environmentally unfriendly

  • beth_h8
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 6 6:49 PM
      Yes, having kids is environmentally unfriendly, beyond what this article says.

      Sure, there are all of the disposable diapers, all of the (broken) toys that are made from oil and end up in landfills, all of the outgrown clothes, there's all of the chauffeuring to doctors, to daycare, to soccer games...

      BUT MORE THAN THAT -

      Every child you do NOT have is the equivalent of an entire lifetime of 100% recycling! Children do not stay children. They become teens, young adults, middle-aged adults, older adults.They spend a lifetime eating, breathing, wearing clothes, driving cars, using electronics, flushing toilets, travelling, and on and on. Or, they have babies of their own, taking the problem still farther. Every grandchild and great grandchild you do not have (as a result of not having the child) is ANOTHER lifetime of 100% recycling.

      Beth