Stem-cells and population

  • aditmore@juno.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 10, 2009
      There's something I don't understand about the stem cell debate. The
      cultural right keeps relating it to abortion, but my understanding is
      that it is rare to abort in time to get an embryo. By the time women
      realize they are pregnant and schedule abortions, they have fetuses, not
      embryos. So do fetuses have stem cells????? If so, it could save the
      environment if fetuses could be sold and then abortions became free,
      though if women were paid for fetuses then they might get pregnant for
      the purpose and even I can see that as a problem. Plus curing disease
      aggravates overpopulation.

      The same cannot be said about IVF however. If embryo sales were to
      defray IVF costs, then IVF would be cheaper and that would greatly harm
      the environment, which is the opposite effect and so reverses the
      overpopulation position.
      -Alan
      Digital Photography - Click Now.
      http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTDvmQafwpZ0ISve36vQfi48Jjzsv2yGZ3B0R97ArPZteOKUJP97uI/