Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

THE reason to breed

Expand Messages
  • Mike A.
    There are two very very important reason to breed : - The universe can only exsist because we, humans, are around to observe it. When the last human dies,
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 3, 2002
    • 0 Attachment
      There are two very very important reason to breed :

      - The universe can only exsist because we, humans, are around to observe it. When the last human dies, because we do not breed anymore the universe and everything in it will also dissapear.
      Loosely (very much so) based on quatum mechanics.

      - Every "new one of us" will carry serval billion other living beings with us (bacteria, amoebe a.s.o.). Reducing the number of humans hurts the bio diversity more than it helps

      I am dead serious about this, if any woman feel the same please contact me and lets procreate ! :)


      [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
    • Les U. Knight
      ... - The universe can only exsist because we, humans, are around to observe it. When the last human dies, because we do not breed anymore the universe and
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 3, 2002
      • 0 Attachment
        Mike writes:
        >There are two very very important reason to breed :

        - The universe can only exsist because we, humans, are around to
        observe it. When the last human dies, because we do not breed anymore
        the universe and everything in it will also dissapear.
        Loosely (very much so) based on quatum mechanics.<

        Makes one wonder when the universe came into existence. We, humans,
        have only been around a few million years, depending on what you
        consider "human". Our solar system has been estimated to be around
        five billion years old. Apparently someone's figures are off.

        Reminds me of the myth about ostriches: when they put their heads
        underground the rest of the world doesn't exist and they are safe. In
        reality, this applies more to humans. If we don't think about
        ecosystem destruction, it doesn't exist. Pretty clever.

        >- Every "new one of us" will carry serval billion other living
        >beings with us (bacteria, amoebe a.s.o.). Reducing the number of
        >humans hurts the bio diversity more than it helps<

        You are correct in that each of us carries billions of life forms
        around with us. About 24 different species live on and in us, and
        many of them would go extinct as we go. The trade-off is that this
        represents less than one day's loss of other species during this time
        of accelerated extinctions.

        >I am dead serious about this, if any woman feel the same please
        >contact me and lets procreate ! :)<

        With more than four of us born each second, you needn't go to the
        trouble. Well, I guess it wouldn't be any trouble for you.

        Les
      • magst12
        ... humans, ... Actually our conciousness created the current reality, including the fact that our solar system is 5 billion years old. You would have to agree
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 4, 2002
        • 0 Attachment
          --Les wrote about mike's writing :
          > Makes one wonder when the universe came into existence. We,
          humans,
          > have only been around a few million years, depending on what you
          > consider "human". Our solar system has been estimated to be around
          > five billion years old. Apparently someone's figures are off.

          Actually our conciousness created the current reality, including the
          fact that our solar system is 5 billion years old. You would have to
          agree that Dinosaurs, the big bang, and black holes are very 'human'
          like fairytale constructions. This of course is a chicken and egg
          problem, 'how can humans exsist before the reality was created' this
          however is a simple problem to solve, if you are religious the
          answer is that : The soul has no mass, so can exsist on it own, here
          follow that the first soul created the reality without really
          meaning it, this one soul religious people refer to as 'god'.
          If you're not religious, like i myself am, it's a bit more complex,
          actually so complex that i cannot think of the answer :) How
          convienent religion is, if one can believe it.

          > You are correct in that each of us carries billions of life forms
          > around with us. About 24 different species live on and in us, and
          > many of them would go extinct as we go. The trade-off is that this
          > represents less than one day's loss of other species during this
          >time
          > of accelerated extinctions.

          I fully agree with you, can i add another argument : We are the
          ruling species. You, me, every human on this planet is superior to
          other life forms. The universe does not give a flying f..k about
          which species survives, if it's up to me it should be the humans.

          And about my procreation statement, i have to say that my primary
          drive is lust & sex, not babies. Actually i know a few of that
          strange 'baby' species, they seem to have a lot of disadvantages
          attached to them...

          Thanks for reading this !
        • magst12
          Aha to avoid confusion : Mike A. = Magst12 . To continue on the same track : Mike A. conciousness created Magst12 by mistake. See how easy it is to create new
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 4, 2002
          • 0 Attachment
            Aha to avoid confusion : Mike A. = Magst12 .
            To continue on the same track : Mike A. conciousness created Magst12
            by mistake. See how easy it is to create new realities. My next
            project might be a new planet, or maybe that's to ambitious... :)
          • danielraj
            ... observe it. When the last human dies, because we do not breed anymore the universe and everything in it will also dissapear. ... That is total inane
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 4, 2002
            • 0 Attachment
              --- In Why_breed@y..., "Mike A." <agsterib@x> wrote:
              > There are two very very important reason to breed :
              >
              > - The universe can only exsist because we, humans, are around to
              observe it. When the last human dies, because we do not breed anymore
              the universe and everything in it will also dissapear.
              > Loosely (very much so) based on quatum mechanics.

              That is total inane rubbish, at least propose consciousness as the
              perceiving factor. There is nothing more authentic to humans than
              opther mammals except our bigger brains and the civilization
              resulting from our bigger cerebral cortex.

              Quantum mechanics never postulates that reality doesn't exist, it
              just considers the understanding of subatomic reality following a
              logic of human mental construct.

              Human consciousness doesn't create the reality ex nihilo. Your
              argument is Berkleyan extreme empiricism. Universe existed before
              homo sapiens and will get by us soon enough.


              >
              > - Every "new one of us" will carry serval billion other living
              beings with us (bacteria, amoebe a.s.o.). Reducing the number of
              humans hurts the bio diversity more than it helps


              Nope, there you are wrong, only 12 species are directly dependent on
              us, and we have destroyed millions. Very few species will be able to
              adapt to our biohazardous human environments.




              >
              > I am dead serious about this, if any woman feel the same please
              contact me and lets procreate ! :)
              >
              >
              > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

              Are you able to pay for all the alimony? Are you sure you are even
              fertile as all oestrogenic chemicals are luckily depleting your sperm
              volume.

              Dani
            • danielraj
              ... the ... Yes, reality is a human social construct. But it is based on something external, something we puny apes cannot control. And study of cosmology
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 4, 2002
              • 0 Attachment
                --- In Why_breed@y..., "magst12" <boxma20@h...> wrote:
                > --Les wrote about mike's writing :

                >
                > Actually our conciousness created the current reality, including
                the
                > fact that our solar system is 5 billion years old.

                Yes, reality is a human 'social' construct. But it is based on
                something external, something we puny apes cannot control.

                And study of cosmology claims the universe to be 12-15 years old, Sun
                is about 5 billion.

                >You would have to
                > agree that Dinosaurs, the big bang, and black holes are
                very 'human'
                > like fairytale constructions.

                Well, there is some archeologigal paleontological artefacts and
                evidence to suggest their existence is not just a figment of our
                imagination or mere imaginary mythology. Black holes radiate all the
                time, can you deconstruct radiation. Then deconstruct the sun,
                deconstruct photosynthesis. Big bang has background radiation to
                postulate is as a very likely scenario.


                >This of course is a chicken and egg
                > problem, 'how can humans exsist before the reality was created'
                this
                > however is a simple problem to solve, if you are religious the
                > answer is that : The soul has no mass, so can exsist on it own,
                here
                > follow that the first soul created the reality without really
                > meaning it, this one soul religious people refer to as 'god'.

                Soul has no mass? Does it have any other dimensional qualities. Where
                did the first soul come from? What is the motif for its activieties?


                > If you're not religious, like i myself am, it's a bit more complex,
                > actually so complex that i cannot think of the answer :) How
                > convienent religion is, if one can believe it.

                Religion is mindless bullshit, convenient in its mindlessness...



                >
                > I fully agree with you, can i add another argument : We are the
                > ruling species. You, me, every human on this planet is superior to
                > other life forms. The universe does not give a flying f..k about
                > which species survives, if it's up to me it should be the humans.


                We aren't superior, we have just temporarily gained an edge to all
                other life. The superior monarchs of the past thought they were big
                shots too, but now they are all dead, their empires gone, and they
                are remembered only in history books by a few geeks. Sic transit
                gloria mundi, my man...

                Fuck the humans, I think humans are way overdue as the 'supposdly'
                superior species that are devouring this planet and excreting out all
                the shit.

                >
                > And about my procreation statement, i have to say that my primary
                > drive is lust & sex, not babies. Actually i know a few of that
                > strange 'baby' species, they seem to have a lot of disadvantages
                > attached to them...
                >
                > Thanks for reading this !


                yeah, sex is nice, I like it too, babies on the other hand are
                unnecessary, dirty and something that limit my freedom. Biggest turn
                off is ifa I hear a member of opposite sex starting to talk about
                family life. That inspires vomit.

                Dani
              • xxx_suicidal_vegan_xxx
                ... no,I would NOT have to agree,and I do not. You sir,are off your rocker. Dinosaurs fairytales? OK then,what are all these fossils? This of course is a
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 4, 2002
                • 0 Attachment
                  >Actually our conciousness created the current reality, including the
                  >fact that our solar system is 5 billion years old. You would have to
                  >agree that Dinosaurs, the big bang, and black holes are very 'human'
                  >like fairytale constructions.

                  no,I would NOT have to agree,and I do not. You sir,are off your
                  rocker. Dinosaurs fairytales? OK then,what are all these fossils?

                  This of course is a chicken and egg

                  >problem, 'how can humans exsist before the reality was created' this
                  >however is a simple problem to solve, if you are religious the
                  >answer is that : The soul has no mass, so can exsist on it own, here
                  >follow that the first soul created the reality without really
                  >meaning it, this one soul religious people refer to as 'god'.
                  >If you're not religious, like i myself am,

                  Religious? Talk about "human andfairytale concept"....now
                  wait...if all that exists is a byproduct of our minds,why the hell do
                  you believe in god? Or is he an exception? And if all that exists is
                  merely a concept,where do we live?What are we?



                  >convienent religion is, if one can believe it.
                  >

                  *cough* That's all it is. Convenience for those without minds of
                  their own.

                  >I fully agree with you, can i add another argument : We are the
                  >ruling species. You, me, every human on this planet is superior to
                  >other life forms.

                  in what aspects?



                  >And about my procreation statement, i have to say that my primary

                  >drive is lust & sex, not babies.

                  Well,at least we agree on something.

                  Chris X
                • magst12
                  ... the ... You don t get my drift i am afraid : what i mean is that current reality, including the artefacts you are mentioning are CREATED by our minds. So
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 4, 2002
                  • 0 Attachment
                    --- In Why_breed@y..., "danielraj" <DanciorR@n...> wrote:
                    > --- In Why_breed@y..., "magst12" <boxma20@h...> wrote:
                    > > --Les wrote about mike's writing :
                    >
                    > >
                    > > Actually our conciousness created the current reality, including
                    > Well, there is some archeologigal paleontological artefacts and
                    > evidence to suggest their existence is not just a figment of our
                    > imagination or mere imaginary mythology. Black holes radiate all
                    the
                    > time, can you deconstruct radiation. Then deconstruct the sun,
                    > deconstruct photosynthesis. Big bang has background radiation to
                    > postulate is as a very likely scenario.

                    You don't get my drift i am afraid : what i mean is that current
                    reality, including the artefacts you are mentioning are CREATED by
                    our minds. So yes background radiation exsists because we wanted it,
                    see what i mean. All including the dinosaurs, black holes and what
                    not are creations of our mind.

                    >> Soul has no mass? Does it have any other dimensional qualities.
                    Where
                    > did the first soul come from? What is the motif for its
                    >ctivieties?

                    No motif, it's not a hollywood movie, the other question i have no
                    answer for.

                    > Religion is mindless bullshit, convenient in its mindlessness...

                    Agree here.

                    >
                    >
                    > We aren't superior, we have just temporarily gained an edge to all
                    > other life. The superior monarchs of the past thought they were ig

                    We are the first and only (as far as we know) species on this little
                    rock with some intelligence. I do not see salmon (f.e.) having a
                    discussion like this.

                    Ah it's tuesday, time to go to work.
                  • femalewriter
                    ... all ... ig ... little ... There is proof that there are other intelligent species on this earth. Most of us are just ignorant of the fact. The animals
                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 5, 2002
                    • 0 Attachment
                      > > We aren't superior, we have just temporarily gained an edge to
                      all
                      > > other life. The superior monarchs of the past thought they were
                      ig
                      >
                      > We are the first and only (as far as we know) species on this
                      little
                      > rock with some intelligence. I do not see salmon (f.e.) having a
                      > discussion like this.


                      There is proof that there are other intelligent species on this
                      earth. Most of us are just ignorant of the fact.

                      The animals don't have to build houses or speak in our language to be
                      intelligent.
                      What gives us the edge is our opposable thumb and a rational brain.
                      If it wasn't for our brain (function), we'd be extinct by now.

                      Dolphins, whales, apes and other "social" animals all show
                      intelligence. Other animals too, but to a lesser degree. Dolphins
                      don't build houses because there's no need for it, plus they don't
                      have the ability (hands).

                      Salmon are not that intelligent. They just do enough to survive,
                      like most animals.

                      Humans are probably the only ones with a complex "voice box", that
                      allows us to communicate the way we do. We also have manipulated
                      nature to our advantage, like some animals do, but with a more
                      destructible outcome (killing animals, rain forests, ecosystems, the
                      earth and even ourselves). I know, we have also done things to
                      improve nature. We have done more than what's needed to survive. We
                      do what we do to show our "status" (intelligence). If given the
                      chance, I'm sure other "intelligent" animals could match
                      wits/technology.

                      The religious part. I'm not religious, but I have read something
                      that says we are probably the only species to have a "god" part of
                      the brain. We are probably the only species to know we are mortal.
                      We know that we will die someday. That's one of the reasons we have
                      religion (second is that long ago we needed an answer to things we
                      did not know). Another reason for our technology is the search for
                      immortality. We don't want to die. Most of us are afraid to die.


                      I like the idea that all this is all in our heads, but my question
                      is...how can we all think alike? I can see how it would work to
                      those who say they've seen UFOs and other paranormal things. And
                      fundamentally religious people too. So if it's all in our heads, we
                      have the ability to make this earth a utopia; allow ourselves to live
                      longer; find other inhabital planets/intelligent life and such.


                      I have mixed feelings about us going extinct, but I would like to see
                      our population decrease greatly.

                      Did you know the population reached 1 billion in 1804. 123 years
                      later (1927) we were 2 billion strong. 3 billion came in 1960 (33
                      years later). 4 billion in 1974 (13 years). 5 billion in 1987 (12
                      years). And 6 billion just 3 years ago (1999...12 years later).
                      They estimate that in 50 years we could be between 7.3 and 10.7
                      billion people.
                      I'm sure you do. If not, www.overpopulation.org is a good site. It
                      has a population counter at the top.

                      I would really like to see it below 7 billion in 50 years...not
                      because of pollution, famine or war...but because we chose not to
                      have as many children.
                      If we were to populate space and any possible inhabitable planet, I
                      hope we have learned a lesson on our "home world" (earth). But I
                      don't see us doing that any time soon.

                      I am happy to be living in a state that is 75% wooded/rural. 100
                      years ago it was 25% wooded. I'm Canadian and grew up in a city that
                      was in a very urban region. I love country/rural/wooded areas.
                      Areas untouched by man.

                      I don't have a science degree or profess in such. I'm not perfect.
                      My opinions are mainly from what I've learned and observed.

                      ~Christine
                    • danielraj
                      ... No, I don t get it. I mean humans imagined reality, created it by their mind ex nihilo. Why did we create a such a crappy one then, are we that moribund? I
                      Message 10 of 10 , Feb 6, 2002
                      • 0 Attachment
                        --- In Why_breed@y..., "magst12" <boxma20@h...> wrote:

                        > You don't get my drift i am afraid : what i mean is that current
                        > reality, including the artefacts you are mentioning are CREATED by
                        > our minds.

                        No, I don't get it. I mean humans imagined reality, created it by
                        their mind ex nihilo. Why did we create a such a crappy one then, are
                        we that moribund? I don't know humans had abilities to combine
                        molecules and create matter by forming atomic structures to suit our
                        thoughts. Wikked...


                        >So yes background radiation exsists because we wanted it,
                        > see what i mean.

                        I certianly didn't want it? What use have I got from some vague
                        cosmic radiation.

                        >All including the dinosaurs, black holes and what
                        > not are creations of our mind.

                        Are you a creation of my mind?



                        >
                        > >> Soul has no mass? Does it have any other dimensional qualities.
                        > Where
                        > > did the first soul come from? What is the motif for its
                        > >ctivieties?
                        >
                        > No motif, it's not a hollywood movie, the other question i have no
                        > answer for.


                        What about the two other questions: what dimensions and origin?



                        > >
                        > > We aren't superior, we have just temporarily gained an edge to
                        all
                        > > other life. The superior monarchs of the past thought they were
                        ig
                        >
                        > We are the first and only (as far as we know) species on this
                        little
                        > rock with some intelligence. I do not see salmon (f.e.) having a
                        > discussion like this.

                        It depends how you define intelleigence, whales and dolphins are
                        certainly intelligent swimming around in oceans.



                        >
                        > Ah it's tuesday, time to go to work.


                        You should have created a reality with no work...and unpleasant
                        assignments.

                        Dani
                      Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.