1902Why breed? Re: Almost no breeding

  • joseph2u4us
    Feb 25, 2013
      Maybe you missed the general thing I'm saying which is that because we can live longer, almost all breeding is even more urgently in need of being ended. I think we are really pretty closely in agreement. An important aspect of all this is that anyone not conceived yet will never care. Regardless, things are going to get very different before long, one way or another.

      --Joe

      --- In Why_breed@yahoogroups.com, aditmore@... wrote:

      > You miss the central point, which is that excess breeding must
      > stop FIRST! If longevity were to increase before breeding is controlled,
      > or even simultaneously, then earth gets destroyed along with everyone on
      > it. The breeding must stop FIRST and THEN we can consider increasing
      > longevity when we get to that bridge and not before.
      > -Alan

      > ------
      >
      > Well said! Such things could go a long way in addressing the problem of
      > how youth tends to get wasted on the young. Long-lived wiser people
      > could actually accomplish a lot more good by having the bodily
      > capabilities of youth, including stamina. Not having to straighten out so
      > many messes like the ones young adults often cause, including warfare and
      > other violences of inexperienced youthful passion, would be a plus, too.
      > --Joe
      >
      > --- In Why_breed@yahoogroups.com, "Beth" <beth_h8@> wrote:
      > >
      > > If a method which were available (affordable) by all could effectively
      > stop death for hundreds of years, it would solve a number of problems.
      > The people already here, already educated and/or trained to function in
      > society are far more useful than producing "replacements" who require a
      > couple of decades of training before they can be functional adults, and
      > moreover, their babysitting and education takes another person out of the
      > market to produce anything for society or individuals.
      > >
      > > That will only work if breeding simultaneously STOPS. If people had
      > "replacement level" reproduction, or even less, there would be many more
      > people. It's bad enough if everyone has 2 children, and their children,
      > grandchildren, and great-grandchildren all live at once, so effectively
      > the population is increased 8-times over by "replacement level"
      > reproduction. If people live to be 300, that would have about 15
      > generations alive at once!
      > >
      > > --- In Why_breed@yahoogroups.com, aditmore@ wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Joe's ideas would aggravate overpopulation, not alleviate it, unless
      > > > perhaps reduced aging increased the retirement age far more than life
      > and
      > > > thus undermined the "population aging" arguements against us. I hate
      > > > censor people and am not a moderator either, but I hope that if joe's
      > > > priority is really increasing life expentancy, then he has little in
      > > > common with us and should go elsewhere on his own.
      > > > BTW, Oregon's euthanasia laws also help the environment a
      > great
      > > > deal and need to be brought to more states for that purpose.
      > Intensive
      > > > care is highly polluting.
      > > > -Alan.
      > Woman is 53 But Looks 25
      > 53/YO Mom reveals 1 simple wrinkle trick that has angered doctors...
      > http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/512ae1b0840a361b027bdst04vuc

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic