Re: Why VHEMT? Wanna know why there are so many of us?

  • Alan Thomas
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1 6:45 PM
      I've seen messages from you recently lamenting the things humans are doing
      to the environment to make them less healthy, and now this one lamenting
      they are more healthy. Make up your mind! ;-)

      On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 1:19 AM, Michael (Frish) Frishberg <
      frishberg@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > This report details ways human health has improved over the last 100 years!
      >
      > http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm6024a4.htm?s_cid=mm6024a4_w
      >
      > More children born without complication, longer lives, better health care
      > leading to more kids reaching childbearing age, it's a vicious cycle!
      >
      > --
      > *F**R**I**S**H*

    • Alison Bevege
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1 10:41 PM
        -
        From economic newsletter, Global Money Trends:
        "The escalating demand for food, water, and raw materials is placing tremendous strain on the world’s natural resources. In fact many of the world’s top  governments have all ready formed think-tanks, to prepare for the riots that could occur when  food supplies become scarce.  Several global agencies are predicting that by 2030 the world  will begin to see massive food riots and water shortages spread across the globe, others have estimated the critical tipping point will occur closer to 2040 or 2050.
        Consider the following:
        From the dawn of humanity, the world’s population reached 1-billion persons in 1830.  The second billion persons took only 100-years — from 1830 until 1930.
        Three billion more arrived in the next 60 years.
        The world currently has around 7 billion people.  The next billion is estimated to arrive in the next 12-years.  To really put this into sharper perspective, -  the world is adding a quarter million more persons each day, - after deaths are taken into account.
        India, with nearly 1.1 billion people, has a current population growth rate of 1.7 per cent.  This translates to a doubling time of 41 years. Global demand for commodities therefore, is  expected to increase dramatically in the decade ahead.