Re: Oy vey...

  • Chris X
    Message 1 of 2 , May 3, 2001
      > There has never been a species on this planet, ever, that
      voluntarily
      > decided to stop reproducing. As a matter of fact, it's reproduction,
      > the creation of more offspring than there are parents, that results
      in
      > the existance of a species.

      true,but until humanity rolled around, there has never been a
      species on this planet that was so disrespectful to the planet,and so
      arrogant as to think they are gods and are the only beings worth a
      shit. As a matter of fact, it's reproduction,the creation of more
      humans, is what results in the destruction of our world and it's other
      species. Of course no other creature has ever voluntarily stopped
      breeding....humans are unfortunately the only one(pretty much)to ever
      advance to the level of independent thought,and to even have that
      choice.

      > My point. We're here because we're supposed to be here. We reproduce
      > not because society and the common global community suggests we have
      > to, but because nature built within us the urge, the need, and the
      > sense of responsibility to do so.

      Yes...we're supposed to be here...but so is everything else...true,
      some species die out on their own,but a great deal more extinctions
      are on the hands of humanity. Who are we to bring the downfall of
      other living beings who have just as much right to exist as we do?

      My two cents,

      Chris X