World Running Out Of New Places To Fish: Study

  • Michael (Frish) Frishberg
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 6, 2010
      That headline had me thinking - an Onion <http://www.theonion.com/> story.

      However,

      http://planetark.org/wen/60489

      We (or "proto-we") have managed to stick around for maybe 500,000 to
      1,000,000 years so far.
      Never forget, evolution is all about what remains, it isn't about 'progress'
      in any particular direction.

      Human Nature has worked pretty well, so far:

      Nest, Spoil Nest, Seek New Nest

      Prehistoric humans put essentially zero stress on the Ocean's fish
      populations.
      Our nutrition was overwhelmingly land based.

      Now we are the top predator by a factor of 100X+...

      We fish the other predators (like sharks) with even less mercy than we show
      the rest of the catch.

      It makes one wonder, on a healthy planet, can any seafood be available to
      feed humans?

      I googled "2050 fisheries". Seemed innocent enough. Here's the query's
      result:

      2050 Fisheries<http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=2050+fisheries>
      --
      *F**R**I**S**H*

    • Sarah Christina
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 12, 2010
        YIN AND YANG> I'm making progress...or evolving.....to BUDDHISM. There's a
        place for primitive behaviour, as in Judaism, just as there is dark and light,
        good and evil. And as you have said here, primitive is not necessarily
        negative. We could certainly regress in many ways.

        But evolve we must. I'm going to dare and talk about human genetics. It
        occured to me that caucasians are more ambitious by nature. We killed Jesus,
        many, many witches - many of our greatest leaders, such as John Lennon.

        IT seems to me that natives are more sensitive. They HONOUR and RESPECT
        giftedness and sensitivity. Such as their Shamans. Being a caucasian woman, and
        sensitive, is not easy. We get bullied like crazy, but you know? At the end of
        the day you're more complex for it.

        Why did caucasians kill Jean d'arc and jesus, the prophets etc etc? I think we
        had to somehow switch off our sensitivity, our empathy, to get by. All that
        cold. GREAT for mathematics, logical reasoning, SCIENCE. ANd what have
        caucasians excelled at? ALL THESE THINGS. Did us some good to switch off that
        empathic warmth for a while. The few that had the heart as well as the brain
        such as einstein and da vinci actually excelled because what happened??? A tough
        logical brain became a wondrous brain with powers of INTUITION and EMPATHY and
        FREEDOM and LOVE. This is why the mixing of the races is so cool. Caucasian
        toughness is dying out.

        So for everything there's a rhyme and a reason. You just may never find it out
        because you haven't made the choice to be davinci and suffer a life of mental
        complexity, which is actaully the purification of the entire species through
        COMPLEX BRAINS.

        what is on the inside is on the outside. I had to purify myself of MUCH PAIN
        before I became functional, I was thinking, thinking, thinking, feeling,
        feeling, feeling SO MUCH PAIN. Because I am HYPER empathetic. I choose to love,
        know the meaning of it. Know how to hold others in high esteem, know how to
        tell the truth, know how to boost the morale of others.

        JESUS AND BUDDHA WERE FREAKS BY TODAY"S STANDARDS.

        Einstein would have been drugged up to the hilt for add. attention dialed to a
        higher dimension!

        People have NO CHOICE but to evolve if they are to survive....but it is going to
        happen one way or another. LIFE finds IT"S way.

        Inspiration form God, perspiration by humans...it's up to me....and you....to
        decide

        Children? Not your choice. MY RESPONSIBILITY.

        Hail Buddha and Hare Krishna. Jesus I love you but farewell, we've done enough
        to hurt you. To drink your blood....I don't get it. You are forever in my heart
        as Great Warrior Spirit. Oh, Jesus does a fine job of showing how fucked up we
        are. The lamb that said no word as he was being led up to slaughter. How SICK.
        He LOVED people. Set them free. Dangerous game. I know it, being a woman.

        I love you, I ask Goddess to forgive me....and you too.

        Love Sarah MEDITATE