Re: Why VHEMT? Michael Shermer's reaction to VHEMT!

  • Arma Geddon
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2008
      I agree with you vehemently John. In particular, it is also becoming clear to me that psychiatry is a modern-day witchhunt - a pseudoscience which denies the soul. Western society is so corrupted - I have been labelled as a maniac, but I have never been violent and am not materialistic. I am, by nature rather docile and even slow. I lacked ambition.

      Someone like Sarah Palin is dangerous, but is adored by millions. She is the product of a society that does not see past the veneer - that worships a beauty queen...... A society that does not value substance.... that has no soul. A necrophilic, bland culture that has millions marching in goosestep,with stony faces, blindly following Gammon...the seductive glitter and the American Dream.........adults that want to live in fairytales........

      To cry is seen as a weakness....take this pill and we'll fix the chemicals in your brain. Psychiatry does not recognise depression as the dark night of the soul - an opportunity for growth....Psychosis is never seen to be a spiritual crisis....a spiritual emergence.......which is really is the collective unconscious flooding through you. It can be overwhelming. So much information and impressions.....you're dealing with all the grand ancient themes - good verses evil, male verses female, light verses dark...

      This can all be confusing and frightening. Psyche does not want to be suppressed....... When you're so damn sensitive, immersed in the mythological, the ridiculous, the great tragic comedy of it all........you're "crazy." That's the perversion. We were once the shamans, the wise one - now we're the outcasts and the freaks. That's all thanks to bland, boring materialism. They almost destroyed my Spirit with their pills......I had mood-swings - SO WHAT. I'm a woman. Up and downs. Is it better to be a flatliner? Of course I was paranoid - did they ever ask me WHY? I had good reason. I couldn't cope....I was traumatized. Did they ever take me seriously? I lost my creativity, my passion, my vision, my sensuality, my intellect.......I was so confused.. I had my first nervous breakdown when they started bombing iraq. I redecorated my professor's house and cast spells and just went nuts. I became paranoid. So they locked me away when there was
      nothing, and i mean NOTHING wrong with me. I didn't know until recently that the WITHDRAWAL from anti-psychotics actually sends ANYBODY crazy. Make no mistake - it is a chemical lobotomy. I have to actually escape. I've got a new job lined up so i can save up to fly overseas.

      I live in a shelter for the mentally ill. A man here bleats like sheep at night and eats grass.....perhaps he feels like a sheep? It's not so irrational.

      I don't see society progressing. I see increasing corruption. All that is pure is fucked over.....we are marching towards doom and I think it's too late to think about preserving humanity. I don't know what we should be teaching little children. It's tragic. I think we just have to accept what comes with as much dignity as possible.....Sure, there is horror, but I think the answer to Einstein's question - "is the Universe a friendly place?" is YES. Death is not a lamp going out - it is the rising of the dawn. It becomes a welcome guest when we are suffering. And it is softened by new life.

      I think the Natives had a superior outlook on Life. They saw the trees as being people and the creatures as our brothers and sisters. They are.

      It has become clear to me that softness and gentleness is greater - the weak and lowly are greater. We worship the intellect, but it is, as Einstein said, devoid of personality. The IQ is just a number.....it has no heart. To value IQ is to think that some races are more intelligent, and this is clearly not the case. The meek are greater. I understand now what Christ said about the lowly and all that jazz. I think he would have been locked away in an asylum if he lived today. And then they perverted his life to become a religion which was nothing to do with what he was about.. There are people walking this earth as great as Christ or Buddha - Christ fought against the religious - the white washed tombs. It is NO DIFFERENT today. Nature is grace.......

      I'm talking to some sort of official person tomorrow about schizophrenia. I look forward to it. Once i gained self-understanding, I gained self-acceptance. From there I learned to love myself. And a whole new world opened up to me. Schizophrenics are the wounded healers. We are the shamans.

      i recommend anything written by Eckhart Tolle. I didn't understand it the first time I read it, but wow, it changed my life.

      "Your life is a SHAM, til you can shout - hey world! I am what I am."

      Arma

      Humans are great at escaping reality. Ironically, those that do are labelled crazy. Twisted world ain't it?