Psycho Songs: Look out, There's a Monster Coming

  • Michael (Frish) Frishberg
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2007
      Scientists have bred "super mice" with some amazing amount of some chemical
      that allows them to breed longer and run forever basically. They eat a lot
      more than normal mice, but they don't gain weight.

      http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071101/sc_afp/ussciencehealthmice

      Reminds me of a warning, in the form of a song from 1968 or so...

      LOOK OUT THERE'S A MONSTER COMING
      Vivian Stanshall

      Lonely, unmarried, looking for love,
      Life was passing me by.
      So I sent off my photo, hobbies and age;
      Magazine marriage I tried.
      They say for centuries lovely Japanese girls
      Have been trained in the art of pleasing men.
      Be lonely no more, open destiny's door.
      For one dollar they arrange a meeting.

      My image was wrong, I didn't like me,
      So I changed my personality.
      I bought a delux Merseybeat wig
      But it was a size too big.
      What confidence in my new built-up shoes,
      So smart for winter or summer.
      Undetectable in normal everyday use.

      Look out there's a monster coming!

      Bye-bye binoculars and macintosh,
      Everything is just great.
      I take elocution, learn to speak posh
      But still I can't find a mate.
      Be popular, learn to play the guitar,
      In seven days you could be strumming.
      Be sociable, learn kissing technique.

      Look out there's a monster coming!

      Carnaby clothes, I reshaped my nose,
      Plastic surgery's best.
      To cut down my weight off comes my left leg.
      I pass a swimming costume test.
      Are my sideboards too long,
      Don't my aftershave pong?
      I know my new nose ain't runnin'.