RE: Why VHEMT? total extinction vs sustainability

  • chew the Fit
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2005
      good angle Amanda,

      over population is a fraction of teh problem

      the real issue is over consumption,

      water b0y

      >From: "ankleosaurus" <ankleosaurus@...>
      >Subject: Why VHEMT? total extinction vs part of the balance

      >i believe strongly that our species has completely gotten out of
      >control and that it has destroyed the balance of the ecosystem,
      >essentially eliminating all competition,

      Single? Start dating at Lavalife. Try our 7 day FREE trial!
      http://lavalife9.ninemsn.com.au/clickthru/clickthru.act?context=an99&locale=en_AU&a=19179
    • K.A. Seland
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 2005
        I guess 1 of the simpler concepts might be:

        Total extinction of 90% of the higher life forms

        or

        Extinction of the one form doing all the damage.

        As with so many things this is a concept.

        --- ankleosaurus <ankleosaurus@...> wrote:

        > i believe strongly that our species has completely
        > gotten out of
        > control and that it has destroyed the balance of the
        > ecosystem,
        > essentially eliminating all competition, which would
        > keep us to
        > numbers which the environment could support, as well
        > as completely
        > dominating the resources for ourselves.... obviously
        > the planet is
        > going to give pretty soon. However, i do not
        > understand why the
        > entire human race must disappear, would it not be
        > better to work
        > towards returning to its place in a world of
        > healthier balance?: with
        > a population that is able to be supported by its
        > local resources, and
        > alllows and embraces competition and human death.
        > so again, why TOTAL extinction??
        > -amanda

        Let go of Ego
        _ Mister Twister