Re: Why VHEMT? Misanthropism and cruelty

  • Clockwork Seraphim
    Message 1 of 61 , Mar 7, 2005
      \
      > Immoral according to YOU. In my books, taking an animals life for
      >consumption is not immoral. In our modern society I agree that it
      >should be done as humanely as possible.

      So do you think using other 'weaker' humans for material consumption
      (i.e. slavery, etc..) is okay? This is the same kind of exploitative
      mentality that has brought forth the exploitation of our fellow men.

      > Humane testing on animals such as laboratory rats is also
      > acceptable. Who else should they do brain testing on-your family
      >and friends???

      We don't need to test because there are other scientific methods for
      testing including computer modelling. It seems that you have very
      little understanding of the difference between species on a cellular
      level and that is why you have made this ignorant conclusion.
      Pharmaceutical companies have been testing their products on animals
      yet they have failed to catch problems such as that of Vioxx and
      Celebrex and other drugs because they fail to see that humans are
      different from other animals on a cellular level.

      > People eat meat because they like it. They wouldn't eat it if it
      didn't taste good. Not because of tradition. Food is not quite like
      fashion. People don't tend to eat something just becuase other people
      are eating it.

    • K.A. Seland
      Message 61 of 61 , Jan 1, 2007
        --- briman1970 <briman1970@...> wrote:

        > Our sense of superiority is there because we happen
        > to be superior to
        > every other lifeform on this planet.

        O?

        & matter is everything?