Come visit me!

  • Libbie
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 29, 2008
      I live in Tampere, Finland so after swinging through Germany we
      can make a stop here! :) The city is built in between 2 large lakes
      with a river running through the city center connecting them. Lots of
      parks and the city garden is a must see. Also, the viewing tower
      Näsineula so you can get a birds eye view of Tampere and the
      surrounding lakes. And for those who are Nokia phone users we can
      visit the city of Nokia which is right beside Tampere and see where
      Finland started taking over the world one phone at a time! :) Here is
      a link to the official city pages for those who are curious:

      http://www.tampere.fi/english/tampereinbrief/index.html

      Libbie :)
    • Jane
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 29, 2008
        We'll be there Libbie!

        > I live in Tampere, Finland so after swinging through Germany we
        > can make a stop here! :) The city is built in between 2 large lakes
        > with a river running through the city center connecting them. Lots of
        > parks and the city garden is a must see. Also, the viewing tower
        > Näsineula so you can get a birds eye view of Tampere and the
        > surrounding lakes. And for those who are Nokia phone users we can
        > visit the city of Nokia which is right beside Tampere and see where
        > Finland started taking over the world one phone at a time! :) Here is
        > a link to the official city pages for those who are curious:
        >
        > http://www.tampere.fi/english/tampereinbrief/index.html
        >
        > Libbie :)

      • Jane
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 13, 2008
          After visiting Danielle and sharing a glass of great California Wine
          with her, I skipped over to Finland and Libbie's town, Tampere. There
          I browsed through the photos of her beautiful town. I'll be heading
          back to Danielle's at the end of the month for the Wine festival!

          > I live in Tampere, Finland so after swinging through Germany we
          > can make a stop here! :) The city is built in between 2 large lakes
          > with a river running through the city center connecting them. Lots of
          > parks and the city garden is a must see. Also, the viewing tower
          > Näsineula so you can get a birds eye view of Tampere and the
          > surrounding lakes. And for those who are Nokia phone users we can
          > visit the city of Nokia which is right beside Tampere and see where
          > Finland started taking over the world one phone at a time! :) Here is
          > a link to the official city pages for those who are curious:
          >
          > http://www.tampere.fi/english/tampereinbrief/index.html
          >
          > Libbie :)

        • Libbie
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 13, 2008
            I missed the start of the around the world tour! Our computer
            burned out on Friday evening and I've been offline until my
            husband was able to replace the power source....evil! :)

            For all those stopping by my place in Tampere, I'll be serving
            your choice of coffee or tea (since I love both!) and some
            traditional Finnish coffee bread or Pulla. Found a recipe
            in English for those interested in giving it a try:

            http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Finnish-Pulla/Detail.aspx

            After havine our treat we can hop on the bus to the city centre
            and visit the open air market for fresh berries and mushrooms
            coming in from the forests and then stop by a yarn shop to
            get you some souvenir Finnish wool! :)

            Libbie
          • Jane Vdoviak
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 14, 2008
              Thank you Libbie - the tea or coffee and Finnish coffee bread sound wonderful - as well as the Finnish yarn!   So glad your computer is back on line so you can join us!

              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 30, 2008
                Hello, Libbie,

                I've lived in Germany (and was born there when my Dad was stationed
                there the first time), but never made it to Finland. I would love to
                see your country! It sounds lovely. Maybe someday I can visit you there.

                Joyce in NH

                --- In WhoDuKnit@yahoogroups.com, "Libbie" <gargoylelib@...> wrote:

                > I live in Tampere, Finland so after swinging through Germany we
                > can make a stop here! :) The city is built in between 2 large lakes
                > with a river running through the city center connecting them. Lots of
                > parks and the city garden is a must see. Also, the viewing tower
                > Näsineula so you can get a birds eye view of Tampere and the
                > surrounding lakes. And for those who are Nokia phone users we can
                > visit the city of Nokia which is right beside Tampere and see where
                > Finland started taking over the world one phone at a time! :) Here is
                > a link to the official city pages for those who are curious:
                >
                > http://www.tampere.fi/english/tampereinbrief/index.html
                >
                > Libbie :)

              • annlilli80
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 14, 2008
                  --- In WhoDuKnit@yahoogroups.com, "Libbie" <gargoylelib@...> wrote:
                  >" Also, the viewing tower Näsineula so you can get a birds eye view
                  of Tampere and the surrounding lakes."

                  Libbie,
                  This sounds soooo fun!!

                  Lilli