Re: [WhoDuKnit] My town

  • Joy Blum
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 28, 2008

      Welcome to McMinnville Oregon. We are an hour from Portland where you can catch some amazing entertainment. Off broadway shows, wine tasting tours and a paddle boat tour with dinner or lunch at a reasonable price. We are half an hour from Salem ( our state capital) where you can visit many great yarn shops with varying tastes in both fibers and techniques as well as an outdoor carousel and an amazing childrens museum.

       A one hour drive to the west will bring you to the most amazing places on the Pacific Coast. Homemade chowder, kite festivals and outdoor entertainment as well as great opportunities to check out the tide pools for little ocean critters left on the shore during low tide. Shell seaching for sand dollars and other amazing finds and shops that specialize in one of a kind art which includes everything from metal sculpture to jewelry and several galleriues that will show you how to make your own glass floats.

       If you prefer to stay right here in McMinnville, we are lucky enough to have the Air Museum which house the Spruce Goose. The largest plane ever to fly in the skies and was previously owned Howard Hughes. The latest addition to the museum is an IMAx theater where you can see such fun movies as Polar Express in a whole new way. We have an annual wine and cheese festival that artracts people from all over the state and a yarn shop that is world class and many people who are eager to help with selection and completion of any projects that you can imagine.

      So come on over and stay awhile. All are welcome. Hugs. JoyB

        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 29, 2008
          I live in Hamburg, Germany, and I took some pictures yesterday when I
          visited one of the many parks in Hamburg.
          http://knittinganarchist.de/2008/07/28/knitters-paradise/

          Anne
        • Jane Vdoviak

              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 31, 2008
                It is really fun reading about everybody's town. I would love to
                visit you here! I can imagine eating chowder, watching kite
                festivals, and shopping for lots of yarn. Plus all of the other
                fascinating things you describe. Thanks, Joy!

                Joyce in NH