They made my dream come true!

  • Sara M. Novelli
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2007
      After over 18-1/2 years of wishing and hoping and praying and...well, you
      know how the song goes, I FINALLY MET ROGER DALTREY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We
      lined up outside the Paley Center, and Tommy spotted a black Mercedes pull
      up. Sure, enough, I was headed in that direction, and out came his
      angelicness. I approached him, and we shook hands. "Hi, I'm Sara," I said.
      "Hi, nice to meet you," he smiled. Then he walked inside the center.

      The movie was amazing! I enjoyed every minute of it, as did Tommy. Heck, I
      was so captivated, I stepped out for a few minutes to cry. A half hour
      later, some dude bragged about taking a leak with Roger!

      Afterwards, we convened outside again. I met and shook hands with Chris
      Stamp while waiting for Roger to perhaps sign a couple items. He was hurried
      to the next spot over for some reception. So, we waited there. And out he
      came, into his waiting car. Said he was late for something. So after one
      more wave and smile, I saw him off. Guess he wasn't up for autographs.

      Afterwards, we convened outside again. I met and shook hands with Chris
      Stamp while waiting for Roger to perhaps sign a couple items. He was hurried
      to the next spot over for some reception. So, we waited there. And out he
      came, into his waiting car. Said he was late for something. So after one
      more wave and smile, I saw him off. Guess he wasn't up for autographs.

      The point is, I got what I've been waiting for all my life. The best part
      was it wasn't like I imagined. It was short, yet sweet. Who karma really
      does come in small doses.

      Great to see Joyce, Meg, Kevin, Jess, Georgie, Mark, Gigi, Margaret, Kay,
      and others, and met some new friends along the way.

      Roger, thank you for giving me a little of your time that'll last a long
      time. I love you!

      --
      "Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you choose to deal with it!"

    • Richard Kaplan
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 2007
        Sara,

        I am so happy for you. I am glad that your dream has come true and
        here is wishing you more Who Karma to come.

        If you have any pictures to share, please do so. I even created a
        folder called Sara's Dream.

        Rock on,
        Richie

        --- In WhoAreYou@yahoogroups.com, "Sara M. Novelli" <snugglysara@...>