Pete and Rachel Hits

  • L. Bird
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2006
      I'm still thinking this might be what Curbishley has planned for the new Who
      "album." Rachel has links to her songs from her blog:
      http://rachelfuller.blogspot.com/

      Note that Simon Townshend's "Sex Change" is number 13. Simon has a link to
      it from his blog: http://simontownshend.blogspot.com/

      http://www.petetownshend.co.uk/diary/display.cfm?id=233&zone=diary

      Rachel and Pete have five tracks on the IAC charts TOP TEN

      Rachel and I now have five songs in the top 10 at IAC. JUST BREATHE, IN THE
      MIX, SUNRISE and I'M ONE. One of them, PLEASURE SEEKER is not strictly a
      Rachel/Pete track. So congratulations to Rachel and her co-writer Jo Youle.
      We have over 25,000 downloads on these five tracks, and the IAC is now
      topping out at 250,000 visits a day.

      I would like to thank the folks at IAC for getting behind Rachel and me in
      this way: I feel as excited about these hits as I was about my first chart
      entry with The Who's first single in 1965. I'm grateful to have new fans,
      and I know Rachel is over the moon.

      Rachel and I are talking about the idea of putting out a special EP CD of
      tracks we do together.

      An important point:

      True independence in the record industry is hard to define these days.
      Rachel and I, and the folks at IAC, are all aware that the Rachel
      Fuller/Pete Townshend 'independent' releases exist in a safety zone not
      enjoyed by most up-and-coming artists. I hope that all the other brilliant
      new artists also in the IAC chart will accept that this extraordinary event
      will attract a lot of interest to IAC and to their new music. I know that
      IAC are now considering my suggestion that they establish a new chart for
      artists who enjoy a safety zone of some kind, but I'll leave it to them to
      decide how to proceed.