Blooks

  • L. Bird
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2005
      From the blog comments, Pete's blog is now immortalized at Wikipedia.

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blook

      >From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

      A blook is a book serialized on a blog site. Chapters are published one by
      one as blog posts, and readers can then subscribe to a blook with an RSS
      feed, tag it, comment on it, etc. Blooks were popularized by Tom Evslin in
      September 2005, with the launch of hackoff.com, a murder mystery set in the
      dot-com bubble.

      Blooks can include online material. For example, hackoff.com includes both a
      wiki and a faux company website for the fictional company described in the
      book.

      Other blooks available as of 9/29/05 include The Boy Who Heard Music by
      British rock star Peter Townshend, Madie's Bear Tribe Journals by Marsha
      Loftis, and Fiddle and Burnby Jason Pomerantz. Although these works fit the
      definition of blook, they don't currently describe themselves that way.
    • Brandon D. Hammell
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2005
        60 years old and the man's still an innovator. I love it!