Re: Hollywood Bowl Show?

  • Donna
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 5, 2004
      Thanks for the info! I'm sure sorry I missed it--I did catch them 2
      years ago when they were here in SO_CAL. It was fantastic!

      I was alittle upset over the fact that they did not receive the
      fanfare they deserved, at least here in CA. I'm referring to radio
      station hype. All I heard is VAN HALEN is touring-on and on and on--
      nothing about THE WHO.

      I'm sure not fanatical about it, but I would never think you could
      ever compare the two. Different leaugues altogether. I would never
      in a million years think Van Halen could outshadow the greatest band
      of all time. I was disappointed they did not make a big deal of THE
      WHO tour as they did about the other.

      I know it's all radio promotion hype and what not, but I feel that
      such a legend should have received much more attention.

      Donna

      --- In WhoAreYou@yahoogroups.com, "leb905" <pkeets@h...> wrote:
      > > Did anyone here go to the show at the Bowl? Our paper never had
      > > review. I would have liked to go but my dumbass boyfriend
      forgot to
      > > get tickets right away and I will not go to THE WHO without
      close
      > > seats.
      >
      > Trying to get tix right away may not have helped. I gather that
      many
      > of the close up seats at Hollywood Bowl are never made available to
      > the general public.
      >
      > If you'd like to read some fan reviews, I can probably find some on
      > other lists. Did you see the pics on Pete's site? There are also
      > some others floating around, and the concert will be available on
      the
      > Encore series through http://music.com
    • leb905
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 12, 2004
        > I know it's all radio promotion hype and what not, but I feel that
        > such a legend should have received much more attention.

        Call them and complain. :)