Re: [Who are you] The Who then and now...

  • RJ Cruze
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2003
      Well, maybe their new album will be good. I certainly plan on
      buying it when it comes out.

      ~Rich~

      --- dcdavid2@... wrote:
      > Maybe it's heresy, but I thought the 2002 Who show I saw was
      > equal to and
      > probably better than the six shows I caught in 1979, 1980, 1982,
      > and 1989.
      >
      > The song selection was more interesting, since the band wasn't
      > trying to sell
      > any particular album. The endless versions of "Music Must
      > Change" or "Drowned"
      > that they used to do 20 or more years ago got kind of boring.
      >
      > Pete was on fire in 2002, even if he doesn't jump anymore, and
      > Zack Starkey was
      > indeed better than Kenney Jones. I also appreciate Roger's
      > abilities more now
      > than I did 20 years ago.
      >
      > In short (too late!), the 2002 version of the Who revived my
      > passion for the
      > band after a long hiatus. Of course, the shows probably would
      > have been even
      > better with John.
      >
      > David

      =====
      I see a man without a problem.
      I see a country always starved...

      http://shopping.yahoo.com
    • RJ Cruze
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2003
        Hey, Josh, I was actually going to go to that concert, but my ride
        fell through. Do you live in MN? I live up on the Iron Range.

        ~Rich~

        =====