A Milestone

  • The_Who_1998
    Message 1 of 4015 , Jul 1, 2001
      Hello all,<br><br>As a shameless pat on our
      collective backs, this club has grown in popularity to now
      have over six hundred members. This is more than twice
      the amount of any other club at Yahoo! devoted to The
      Who. We should all be pleased with this little
      milestone.<br><br>I want to thank all of you who partake in the
      discussions, post pictures and add links to this club. For
      those who just pop in and read the posts, thank you too
      for being a (silent) part of this club. Since I
      started this club we have had many topics to discuss,
      (Thankfully most have been pretty much Who related and not
      too far off topic) which have been interesting and
      informative. This is one of the things that I had hoped for
      when starting Who Are You. Thank you again for bring
      that hope to reality.<br><br>Hopefully we will have
      studio time coming up for The Who as well as concerts in
      Europe and hopefully the UK and US too. Scoop 3 should
      happen sometime in the near future. John is currently on
      tour here in the US, catch him if you can. Until there
      is studio time, Roger is doing his thespian best. I
      am sure Nissan will be using more Who songs in their
      radio and TV commercials. (Magic Bus for a mini-van?)
      There is lots to discuss and ponder with hopefully even
      more to come.<br><br>Again thanks for making this club
      a success. Pass the word, invite friends, add links
      where you can and lets grow this club even more.
      There's no reason that Hanson should have over forty six
      thousand club members, while we have a respectable six
    • janet_905
      Message 4015 of 4015 , Mar 16 5:57 AM
        Hi Lynne!!! I'm dying to know whether Plant's
        band (Strange Sensations) is opening for The Who or if
        he is just going to jam with The Who a bit. It's
        KILLLLLLLLING ME!!!<br><br>Yes, I am totally psyched! I've seen
        them only once before and it was awesome!