I used to hang out in

  • baagoo
    Message 1 of 4015 , Jul 1, 1999
      High school with some avante-garde musicians, I
      mean they would copy some beatles and stones stuff. Of
      course this was 1965-67. Don't really recall what the
      songs were when we 1st got into the WHO but it didn't
      take us long to dis the band. We just thought they
      made noise, not good or bad, just noise. This was a
      time when melody was more important than phrasing.
      Then, because no one else was playing the WHO, we
      started doing "my generation". We had the stutter and
      everything...god we were awful but we had fun. Anyway, "I can see
      for miles" and "Pictures of Lily" were the 1st songs
      that I really dug, can't remember which came 1st,
      doesn't really matter. Just letting you younger ones
      understand that the WHO was born - died - and came back long
      before "Tommy" hit the stage.
    • janet_905
      Message 4015 of 4015 , Mar 16, 2002
        Hi Lynne!!! I'm dying to know whether Plant's
        band (Strange Sensations) is opening for The Who or if
        he is just going to jam with The Who a bit. It's
        KILLLLLLLLING ME!!!<br><br>Yes, I am totally psyched! I've seen
        them only once before and it was awesome!