Fall Picnic and Whip Practice in the park

  • Dijon
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 4, 2007
      Hi All

      It seems that alternate dates being unavailable we will be going with
      Sunday 14th October, with a rain date of Sunday the 21st

      Fall is upon us and the leaves are falling <at least mine are,I know, I
      have to rake them> ,it's time for the end of season whip practice and
      BBQ and general socializing.I'd like to encourage everyone to be there
      since we'll be having some discussion as to when and where we'll be
      holding the monthly events in the coming year and everyone's input would
      greatly assist in that decision.

      we'll be providing the standard free bbq sasauges and hotdogs with
      pop/water type thing
      If you'r a vegetarian or vegan you will need to provide your own dietery
      needs the bbq will however be available for use.
      ,if you can, bring a chair or blanket to sit on since park tables may
      be in short supply.

      Location:

      Marie Curtis Park

      use the entrance and parking lot off 42nd street and not the one off
      Lakeshore Road

      Directions

      From Niagra/Hamilton

      take the QEW to Toronto and exit at Cawthra take Cawthra south to the
      lakeshore turn Left at lakeshore Road and proceed along lakeshore to 42
      nd street where you turn Right < first right after you cross the bridge>
      there's free municipal parking a little way down in the park to your
      right and we'll be in the area at the top of the park <close to
      lakeshore and 42nd street>

      From Toronto

      Gardner Expressway to Browns line all the way down Browns line till it
      ends at Lakeshore Road turn right and proceed to 42nd street and turn
      left at 42nd street.

      By Public Transit

      Find your way to the longbranch Go Station by whatever means, Exit the
      station and walk through the parking lot to lakeshore road at the road
      turn right and Marie Curtis park is visible at the intersection of 42nd
      street and Lakeshore Road

      From 1.00pm until 6.00pm

      Map and printable directions are at:
      http://www.whipmaker.ca/map.html <http://www.whipmaker.ca/map.html>

      thanx lots to all

      Dijon

    • bazoom_baboom
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 5, 2007
        Aw, drag. Well, it looks like I'm missing the boat on this one.

        Where do people practice in the colder seasons? Do people just not
        practice again until the spring?

        Any input for absolute beginners would be helpful. It's SO
        disappointing to be missing this one. A number of us are keen to
        try it out.

        --- In WhipEnthusiasts-Toronto@yahoogroups.com, "Dijon"
        <windsurfer905@...> wrote:

        > Hi All
        >
        > It seems that alternate dates being unavailable we will be going
        with
        > Sunday 14th October, with a rain date of Sunday the 21st
        >
        > Fall is upon us and the leaves are falling <at least mine are,I
        know, I
        > have to rake them> ,it's time for the end of season whip practice
        and
        > BBQ and general socializing.I'd like to encourage everyone to be
        there
        > since we'll be having some discussion as to when and where we'll be
        > holding the monthly events in the coming year and everyone's input
        would
        > greatly assist in that decision.
        >
        > we'll be providing the standard free bbq sasauges and hotdogs with
        > pop/water type thing
        > If you'r a vegetarian or vegan you will need to provide your own
        dietery
        > needs the bbq will however be available for use.
        > ,if you can, bring a chair or blanket to sit on since park tables
        may
        > be in short supply.
        >
        > Location:
        >
        > Marie Curtis Park
        >
        > use the entrance and parking lot off 42nd street and not the one
        off
        > Lakeshore Road
        >
        > Directions
        >
        > From Niagra/Hamilton
        >
        > take the QEW to Toronto and exit at Cawthra take Cawthra south to
        the
        > lakeshore turn Left at lakeshore Road and proceed along lakeshore
        to 42
        > nd street where you turn Right < first right after you cross the
        bridge>
        > there's free municipal parking a little way down in the park to
        your
        > right and we'll be in the area at the top of the park <close to
        > lakeshore and 42nd street>
        >
        > From Toronto
        >
        > Gardner Expressway to Browns line all the way down Browns line
        till it
        > ends at Lakeshore Road turn right and proceed to 42nd street and
        turn
        > left at 42nd street.
        >
        > By Public Transit
        >
        > Find your way to the longbranch Go Station by whatever means, Exit
        the
        > station and walk through the parking lot to lakeshore road at the
        road
        > turn right and Marie Curtis park is visible at the intersection of
        42nd
        > street and Lakeshore Road
        >
        > From 1.00pm until 6.00pm
        >
        > Map and printable directions are at:
        > http://www.whipmaker.ca/map.html <http://www.whipmaker.ca/map.html>
        >
        > thanx lots to all
        >
        > Dijon

      • Dijon
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 5, 2007
          Hi Coco

          to be honest we usually put on a hat gloves and boots and go out and
          practice anyhow but there's a considerably smaller turnout and practice
          times seem to be somewhat shorter<lol>

          I'll post about upcoming scheduled practice's after the picnic over and
          we've got a bit more of a handle on who want's what when...

          thanx lots

          Dijon

          www.whipmaker.ca