Re: Totally Dinghy - RYC Sept 20-21

  • wetabob
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 2, 2008
      I'm signed up. For the rest of you slackers, here's the link for
      online registration:

      http://www.richmondyc.org/Cal2/EventShow.asp?
      event_id=80726&event_batch=1

      We need five boats for an OD start and the sooner we all get signed
      up the better. And do remember to put on sail numbers before the race
      as Greg says below.

      --- In Weta-Trimarans@yahoogroups.com, "sfbaysailingdad"
      <mitch.sailing@...> wrote:

      > Hi guys,
      >
      > I've registered - need to do it online at www.richmondyc.org
      >
      > You'll need sail numbers, which is your hull number - I bought a set
      > (2 of each) at www.apsltd.com - got the 12" version(rules say need
      > 300mm, which is close to 12") they'll set you back $13 + $6 in
      shipping.

      > I can only make Saturday, flying to Chicago on biz on Sunday.
      >

      > Greg

      > > Time for a coming out party.
      > >

      > > Who's signing up? 5 boats should get us an OD start.
      > >

      > > Saturday should be 3-4 fleet races, Sunday should be a reverse
      > >
      > > handicap pursuit race.
      > >

      > > Greg

    • wetabob
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 8, 2008
        Looks like we currently have 4 boats signed up. We need to have one
        more for an OD start. Don't hold out. This is the last big dinghy event
        of the season and will be covered by the local press (Latitude38). So
        if you want to see your smiling mug immotalized for all time as the
        winning of the first Weta OD race, NOW would be a good time to get over
        the the RYC site and sign up. Did I mention there is free beer...
      • Sean Cavanaugh
        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 8, 2008
          Sounds like fun, but I'll be in Alaska that weekend - good luck

          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 17, 2008
            Bob, et all,

            I have signed up, so there will be a Weta OD start. Now, I just hope
            I can get the time to make the show. ;-)

            -Chris H.

            --- In Weta-Trimarans@yahoogroups.com, "wetabob" <bobhyde@...> wrote:

            > Looks like we currently have 4 boats signed up. We need to have one
            > more for an OD start.
          • Greg Mitchell
            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 17, 2008
              great!

              On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 9:59 AM, wetatri <minzuki@...> wrote:

              > Bob, et all,
              >
              > I have signed up, so there will be a Weta OD start. Now, I just hope
              > I can get the time to make the show. ;-)
              >
              > -Chris H.
              >
              > --- In Weta-Trimarans@yahoogroups.com <Weta-Trimarans%40yahoogroups.com>,
              > "wetabob" <bobhyde@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Looks like we currently have 4 boats signed up. We need to have one
              > > more for an OD start.

            • Bob Hyde
              Message 6 of 15 , Sep 17, 2008
                Right on!
                I think Chuck is also going to be there giving us six boats. It's a varitable Weta Fest!

                > I have signed up, so there will be a Weta OD start. Now, I just hope
                > I can get the time to make the show. ;-)
                >
                > -Chris H.
                >
                > --- In Weta-Trimarans@ yahoogroups. com <Weta-Trimarans% 40yahoogroups. com>,
                > "wetabob" <bobhyde@... > wrote:
                > >
                > > Looks like we currently have 4 boats signed up. We need to have one
                > > more for an OD start.

              • wetatri
                Message 7 of 15 , Sep 17, 2008
                  RYC Guys,

                  What am I going to need to fashion a lifting harness for the hoist?

                  -Chris H.

                  --- In Weta-Trimarans@yahoogroups.com, Bob Hyde <bobhyde@...> wrote:

                  > Right on!
                  > I think Chuck is also going to be there giving us six boats. It's
                  a varitable Weta Fest!

                • Greg Mitchell
                  Message 8 of 15 , Sep 17, 2008
                    you can borrow one

                    There are gucci versions and industrial. Mine's industrial - 2 pieces of
                    5/16"sta set or equivalent, I think I bought 20 feet of one color, 10 of
                    another. Then 4 shackles. Again, gucci or less expensive, is up to you.

                    Take a look, borrow one, then build.

                    More importantly for the race, you need sail numbers. I bet Quantum over in
                    brickyard cove can get you some. Or Duct Tape.

                    Greg

                    On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 12:18 PM, wetatri <minzuki@...> wrote:

                    > RYC Guys,
                    >
                    > What am I going to need to fashion a lifting harness for the hoist?
                    >
                    > -Chris H.
                    >
                    > --- In Weta-Trimarans@yahoogroups.com <Weta-Trimarans%40yahoogroups.com>,
                    > Bob Hyde <bobhyde@...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Right on!
                    > > I think Chuck is also going to be there giving us six boats. It's
                    > a varitable Weta Fest!

                  • wetatri
                    Message 9 of 15 , Sep 17, 2008
                      Greg,

                      Numbers?.......not a problem. I put them on before the Dinghy Delta
                      Ditch. (see photos of no.148)

                      -Chris H.

                      --- In Weta-Trimarans@yahoogroups.com, "Greg Mitchell"