Trailer

  • sfbaysailingdad
    Message 1 of 11 , May 5, 2008
      Folks,
      Still waiting on the price - but the custom trailer from NorBanks
      looks like the ticket. It's a bare frame that the Weta dolly nests
      into - only tie down necessary for the trailer is one pin at the tongue.

      I have a couple pics from NorBanks but can't figure out how to post here.
      Greg
    • Christopher Harvey
      Message 2 of 11 , May 5, 2008
        Greg,

        You can post the pictures into the pictures section.

        ....Or, if you want, email them to me and I will add them.

        I definitely want to have a look!!!

        Is the trailer small enough to tow with a small car?

        -Chris H.

        On May 5, 2008, at 11:39 AM, sfbaysailingdad wrote:

        > Folks,
        > Still waiting on the price - but the custom trailer from NorBanks
        > looks like the ticket. It's a bare frame that the Weta dolly nests
        > into - only tie down necessary for the trailer is one pin at the
        > tongue.
        >
        > I have a couple pics from NorBanks but can't figure out how to post
        > here.
        > Greg
      • Greg Mitchell

          Message 4 of 11 , May 5, 2008
            Check the trailer photos in the photo section. Thanks Chris.
          • sfbaysailingdad
            Message 5 of 11 , May 21, 2008
              Guys, doesn't look like the NorBanks trailer will be available.
              Anyone have leads on a local company to provide a trailer? There are
              plenty of utility type trailers available, online or even at home
              depot, but i'd like something a little smaller in footprint so it fits
              in my yard.
            • wetatri
              Message 6 of 11 , May 22, 2008
                Greg,

                That's too bad. I was hoping that there would be a way to get the
                trailers here, at wome reasonable price. BUMMER!!!

                I too am looking for a small trailer. I am hoping to find something
                similar to what NorBanks came up with, or put something together so
                that I can ramp launch. The idea of dragging a 200lb. Weta up a
                steep
                ramp doesn't sound like fun. I will continue the search and let you
                know if I find anything, if you will do the same.

                As for the RYC..............

                When I was up there a couple of months ago, I measured the dinghy
                ramp. It is only 10 feet wide............not as wide as an
                assembled
                Weta. So, if launching there, you will have to put the boat
                together
                down on the dock, or use the crane. I am not a RYC member, so I
                have
                no idea what their policy is for non-member launching.

                -CH

                --- In Weta-Tri@yahoogroups.com, "sfbaysailingdad"
                <mitch.sailing@...>
                wrote:

                > Guys, doesn't look like the NorBanks trailer will be available.
                > Anyone have leads on a local company to provide a trailer? There
                are
                > plenty of utility type trailers available, online or even at home
                > depot, but i'd like something a little smaller in footprint so it
                fits
                > in my yard.

              • Greg Mitchell
                Message 7 of 11 , May 22, 2008
                  For races - launching there is fine for non-members.  Otherwise - say a practice day, a member needs to be present.

                  I figured we'd put it all together except for one of the amas - and install that on the dock.

                  Bob's got an idea with this little trailer - but not sure if the dolly will fit on it:

                  http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=5002

                  wrote:

                  > Guys, doesn't look like the NorBanks trailer will be available.
                  > Anyone have leads on a local company to provide a trailer? There
                  are
                  > plenty of utility type trailers available, online or even at home
                  > depot, but i'd like something a little smaller in footprint so it
                  fits
                  > in my yard.

                • wetabob
                  Message 8 of 11 , May 23, 2008
                    --- In Weta-Tri@yahoogroups.com, "Greg Mitchell" <mitch.sailing@...>
                    wrote:

                    > For races - launching there is fine for non-members. Otherwise - say a
                    > practice day, a member needs to be present.
                    >
                    > I figured we'd put it all together except for one of the amas - and
                    install
                    > that on the dock.
                    >
                    > Bob's got an idea with this little trailer - but not sure if the
                    dolly will
                    > fit on it:
                    >
                    > http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=5002

                    Actually launching for non-members is ok, there are dozens of
                    non-member boats at RYC. In fact, RYC offers a non-member rate for
                    boat storage. It's no big deal and no one is going to bust your ball.
                    Of course, you could just join RYC.

                    As far as the trailer thing goes, I've been looking at several
                    different manufacturers, but they all look about the same as the one
                    above. The one that Jon has is cool but I think the CG is too far aft
                    so adding weight to the tongue might be required for proper road
                    handling. Anyone have welding equipment (and the knowledge to use it)?

                    Does anyone know the measurement to the outside of the dolly wheels?
                  • wetabob
                    Message 9 of 11 , May 23, 2008
                      Here's another trailer supplier with many local SF dealers. Looks like
                      pretty good quality stuff. I'm sure we can get an off-the-shelf
                      trailer to work with a little modification.

                      http://www.shorelandr.com/pages/t_modelincat.aspx?type=boat

                      bhyde
                    • sfbaysailingdad
                      Message 10 of 11 , May 23, 2008
                        Dolly dimensions:

                        On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 1:04 PM, Nor'Banks Sailing/Jon Britt
                        <jon@...> wrote:

                        The dolly is 10 feet long and 48" wide at the back of the frame.
                        The wheels are a little under 4 feet across. Leave yourself 48 inches
                        in the frame and the wheels will fit inside the frame. The distance
                        from the front of the dolly to the wheels is about 8 feet 6 inches.

                        Jon

                        Jon Britt
                        Nor'Banks Sailing
                        1308 Duck Road
                        Duck, North Carolina 27949
                        252-202-6880 office (year round)
                        252-261-2900 sailing site (May-Sept)
                        252-261-2706 fax
                        www.norbanks.com
                        www.wetatrimarans.com
                      • wetatri
                        Message 11 of 11 , May 30, 2008
                          Greg,

                          EZ Loader has a couple of trailers that might fit the bill.

                          Details at:

                          http://www.ezloader.com/default.asp

                          No reply on price or availability yet.

                          -WT