RE: Stowing equipment and buying gear in Australia

  • fly507
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 29, 2013

      Will check it out.  Petsmart has them for $25 US, 10-15 gallon size.

      ---In weta-trimarans@yahoogroups.com, <tomkirkman1@...> wrote:

      As it happens, the Vittles Vault is a perfect fit there. Almost as if it was made for the boat!

      I just set mine in originally and even when flipped the thing stayed put. Just to be on the safe side I have put a small leash on the container and put it around the rear stern bar. Just in case.

      Get a small screw eye or plastic footman loop and thru-bolt it to one of the top corners on the container. Put some GOOP on the inside fasteners to maintain the water proofness of the box. It has an O-ring in the lid. Just spin it on and it won't leak nor sink (well, unless you put more than about 40 pounds in it).