Woodpussy?

  • Bruce Fleming
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 4, 2013
      Woodpussy? Where did you see that one?

      Aloha,

      Bruce Fleming

      Akahele!, #276

      San Diego, California

      From: Weta-Trimarans@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Weta-Trimarans@yahoogroups.com]
      On Behalf Of George
      Sent: Friday, January 04, 2013 5:30 PM
      To: Weta-Trimarans@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Weta-Trimarans] Re: San Diego New Year's Day Race summary

      78.5 is probably nearer the mark than 94 but you cannot put much faith in a
      handicap listed under 'defunct classes' and displayed in brackets. The US
      Portmouth numbers are a constant source of amazement to me. Is there no one
      in the US who can make a 29er go faster than an RS400? Does the Flying
      Dutchman (20ft) really go slower than an RS600 (16ft)? No wonder Olympic
      medals are a bit thin on the ground. And is there really a class called 'the
      Woodpussy'?!!!

      The Weta should be a bit faster than an RS400 (82.3) and quite a lot slower
      than a Laser 4000 (80). It is slower than both in light wind.

      But I congratulate you on your prize - savour it, because you won't get many
      on 78.5,

      Festive greetings, particularly if you are of the Orthodox faith and have
      not yet celebrated Christmas,

      George Morris
      117

    • kt_xtranet
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 4, 2013
        If you want to correct your Portsmouth rating, try to get the clubs to report their results to the US SAILING offshore office. They compile the results submitted and adjust the rating accordingly.

        See http://offshore.ussailing.org/Portsmouth_Yardstick.htm

        for more information.

        KT

        --- In Weta-Trimarans@yahoogroups.com, "Bruce Fleming" wrote:

        > Woodpussy? Where did you see that one?
        >

        > Aloha,
        >

        > Bruce Fleming
        >
        > Akahele!, #276
        >
        > San Diego, California

      • George
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 1, 2013
          The 2013 UK Portsmouth Yardstick Handicap Numbers were announced by the RYA this evening. The Weta has 950 - an improvement of 20. That's a minute every fifty minutes. Hurrah!

          Rgds

          George
        • Robert Spencer
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 1, 2013
            Excellent - the 930 cost me a few races - lost one yesterday by 8 seconds corrected....

            Sent from iPhone