Hypergetic arrives Gulf Coast next week!

  • strategerysailing
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 9, 2012
      All,

      I've sold the Sprint 750 (after years of fun), and I'm back to do some OD racing with you all. I owned one of the early Weta models in the states, and am happy to be back into some OD racing.

      Rather than call it Strategery 6 (because 5 seemed to be enough), we've decided to name it "Hypergetic" which suits my sailing style just fine...

      I'm hoping to help coordinate some springtime events in the Panhandle of FL. As a member at Fort Walton Yacht Club, formerly host of some of the best multihull events in the wold (including A-Cat North Americans, Round the Island, and many years of the Trimaran Nationals), we sport protected water, a consistent sea breeze, pure white sand and an incredible environment for family vacations. We are the #2 drive to destination in the state of FL for vacation due to the large number of hotel/house rentals, and miles and miles of white sandy beaches. If you haven't been here, you need to come.

      Also - there have been new accomodations added at Leeside beach for camping - a massive RV resort, on the water, with room to keep the Wetas and a walkover to the beach side of the island. And for those who are looking for a true Jimmy Buffet experience, Juana's Goodtime regatta is a staple for local multihull racers. There's a new RV resort (truly a resort) that's been built right across the bay next to a bunch of great new restaurants.

      I'm thinking we can have an annual event her that is a true blowout. There's a reason Randy Smyth moved from CA to live a few blocks from FWYC...it's a sailors paradise.

      So - think a "must do" regatta in everyone's sailing year. At it's peak, the Trimaran nationals had 60 trimarans on the line... I'm thinking with some care, feeding, attention to detail and TLC, we can do much better than that.

      I need some insight into events that are currently calendared - I think there's something that Dick runs in Charlotte, which we could coordinate with for the Northern sailors who just need a damn break. After the recent storms, I'm thinking we can get some folks from NJ/NY down here...right Richard?

      Looking forward to seeing you all on the water...

      Best,

    • Richard Stephens
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 9, 2012
        Yes, the Ithaca NY fleet will be down south for the Charlotte Harbor
        regatta, Feb 1st-3rd
        http://charlotteharborregatta.com I hope you can make it. The last two
        years we have had a pretty good fleet of around 10 boats. It is a very well
        organized regatta, at a great location.

        After that we are planning to store the boats in FL and do a second regatta.
        Last year we did three regattas, but I think we have decided that is too
        much. I am all in favor of doing something in Fort Walton Beach or
        Pensacola, as we have done in the past. That whole area is "trimaran
        heaven". Any time in March or April would work for me. I'd prefer not to go
        in May, because that cuts into the sailing season back home. What are the
        plans for a Corsair / PHRF multihull regatta there next year?

        Regards,
        Richard.

      • strategerysailing
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 9, 2012
          I'm not sure what's planned. The Corsair Nationals vs. the Trimaran Nationals has been problematic, dividing attendees I think. I'll find out when/what is scheduled...

          --- In Weta-Trimarans@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Stephens" <richard@...> wrote:

          > Yes, the Ithaca NY fleet will be down south for the Charlotte Harbor
          > regatta, Feb 1st-3rd
          > http://charlotteharborregatta.com I hope you can make it. The last two
          > years we have had a pretty good fleet of around 10 boats. It is a very well
          > organized regatta, at a great location.
          >
          > After that we are planning to store the boats in FL and do a second regatta.
          > Last year we did three regattas, but I think we have decided that is too
          > much. I am all in favor of doing something in Fort Walton Beach or
          > Pensacola, as we have done in the past. That whole area is "trimaran
          > heaven". Any time in March or April would work for me. I'd prefer not to go
          > in May, because that cuts into the sailing season back home. What are the
          > plans for a Corsair / PHRF multihull regatta there next year?
          >
          > Regards,
          > Richard.

        • Ira Heller
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 10, 2012
            Cliff speaks the truth about Ft. Walton Beach and the FWYC. It is a
            fantastic venue and perfectly suited to Weta racing. http://goo.gl/maps/gFu3D

            Ira.
          • mtmead77
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 11, 2012
              Cliff wecome aboard I live in Guld Breeze and I have had a WETA a couple of years raced 2 juana,s and 2 buzzel's my best contact is mtmead@... if you ever want to sail together
              Mike

              --- In Weta-Trimarans@yahoogroups.com, "strategerysailing" <cfarrah@...> wrote:

              > All,
              >
              > I've sold the Sprint 750 (after years of fun), and I'm back to do some OD racing with you all. I owned one of the early Weta models in the states, and am happy to be back into some OD racing.
              >
              > Rather than call it Strategery 6 (because 5 seemed to be enough), we've decided to name it "Hypergetic" which suits my sailing style just fine...
              >
              > I'm hoping to help coordinate some springtime events in the Panhandle of FL. As a member at Fort Walton Yacht Club, formerly host of some of the best multihull events in the wold (including A-Cat North Americans, Round the Island, and many years of the Trimaran Nationals), we sport protected water, a consistent sea breeze, pure white sand and an incredible environment for family vacations. We are the #2 drive to destination in the state of FL for vacation due to the large number of hotel/house rentals, and miles and miles of white sandy beaches. If you haven't been here, you need to come.
              >
              > Also - there have been new accomodations added at Leeside beach for camping - a massive RV resort, on the water, with room to keep the Wetas and a walkover to the beach side of the island. And for those who are looking for a true Jimmy Buffet experience, Juana's Goodtime regatta is a staple for local multihull racers. There's a new RV resort (truly a resort) that's been built right across the bay next to a bunch of great new restaurants.
              >
              > I'm thinking we can have an annual event her that is a true blowout. There's a reason Randy Smyth moved from CA to live a few blocks from FWYC...it's a sailors paradise.
              >
              > So - think a "must do" regatta in everyone's sailing year. At it's peak, the Trimaran nationals had 60 trimarans on the line... I'm thinking with some care, feeding, attention to detail and TLC, we can do much better than that.
              >
              > I need some insight into events that are currently calendared - I think there's something that Dick runs in Charlotte, which we could coordinate with for the Northern sailors who just need a damn break. After the recent storms, I'm thinking we can get some folks from NJ/NY down here...right Richard?
              >
              > Looking forward to seeing you all on the water...
              >
              > Best,

            • strategerysailing
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 11, 2012
                Mike,

                That sounds great. I'll try to send you an email...it cut your name off.

                Anyone else in the area want to come play?

                Best,

                Cliff