Spring Dinghy Regatta

  • Robert Shirley
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 15, 2010
      Hey NoCal Weta dudes,

      Tell us about the Spring Dinghy Regatta.

      BS
      Weta #147

    • Christopher Harvey
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 15, 2010
        You Bob,

        The need to pay the bills once again interfered with my ability to
        attend. Immediately after work, I shot over to the St. Francis and
        was able to catch the last race. Got a BUNCH of photos, now I just
        need a hosting site.

        Six boats on the line each day wasn't too bad, considering Greg, Tim,
        James, and myself all had to sit this one out.

        Anyway, I'll let Bob, Davo, Stephan, Dean, et all tell the on the
        water story. Conditions looked awesome, as the northerly winds blew
        out all the smog and made for a crystal clear day, both days.

        Over the weekend, I should have posted the link to the Explorotorium
        web cam, as it was possible to watch the races from my desk at
        work.....well, for the one minute at a time where you actually have
        control. :-)

        For future reference it is:

        http://cams.exploratorium.edu:8010/

        The Ultimate Yacht Shots guy was there shooting pictures, and even
        mounted a video cam one of the Wetas each day.

        Tons of picts, and Dean's crash video can be seen at:

        http://ultimate-yachtshots.smugmug.com/ST-FRANCIS-YACHT-CLUB-REGATTAS

        Enjoy!!!

        -Chris H.
        No. 148

        On Mar 15, 2010, at 8:12 AM, Robert Shirley wrote:

        > Hey NoCal Weta dudes,
        >
        > Tell us about the Spring Dinghy Regatta.
        >
        > BS
        > Weta #147

      • Robert Shirley
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 15, 2010
          Thanks Chris.
          OK  BHyde, we are waiting on your report complete w/ humorous embellishments....
          BS