new to East East Bay

  • srlemler
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 31 7:08 PM
      just moved to Walnut Creek for a job, sold my cat over a year ago, can't afford a new boat yet, but interested in the Weta, please let me know of upcoming events and good beach sailing spots in the area.
      Thanks in advance,
      Steve
    • eric e
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 7, 2011
        the swedish weta champ video has several good sequences where broad reaching wetas in medium winds wind bury their floats and then dip their prods as their skippers seek to get every inch of speed out of them. fortunately with the winds being only medium there seemed to have been none of the strong following gusts that roll boats right over from there...
        http://www.catchtheweta.com/video-entries.html

      • eric e
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 23, 2011
          finally got around to drilling some air holes in the top front of the weta alloy beach cart so the several kilos of water drain out before the big pull to get everything out of the water

          6 well spaced holes, slightly larger than water drops seem to work well

          also someone was asking about a small multi to beat nacras and hobies in races

          the new f16 class cats have the sail area and light weight to do so

          all that sail makes them pretty exciting and even wetter than the weta

          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n98psRCHhQ0%c2%a0

        • eric e
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 2, 2011
            OT

            god of ugly things

            http://www.stuff.co.nz/oddstuff/6076325/Whopping-weta-wows-the-world%c2%a0

          • Marc
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 2, 2011
              Aren't you glad the kamadouma hoppers in Nojiri don't get this big?
              Marc