Prod bulkhead repair

  • Bob
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6, 2011
      I posted in the Bob "don't call me" Shirley photo album photos of my new deck hatch and prod repair. Same problem as Jaffar, slightly different fix.

      Sailed yesterday late afternoon in 2' seas and wind in the high teens. Beat up the coast about 6 miles then turned around and gennaker reached back. Gybed in by the Co. Fair and caught a couple of shoulders at C street.

      I experimented with sailing from rear of Vaka vs. seated on windward aft corner casting with one foot braced agains vaka behind aka while gennaker reaching. I found that the rear of Vaka position did feel safer, but the boat healed more and the leeward ama was buried more. The position of sitting on the aft, windward corner casting kept the boat much flatter, but is a full body width further forward.

      Top recorded speed on GPS was 17.0 kts. I think while gennaker reaching I was probably consistently doing over 15 kts.

      Fun, fun, fun....pretty sore last night, tho.

      BS