Santa Barbara, CA regatta

  • Robert Shirley
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 28, 2011
      Hello all,
      We all seem to be squared away for the High Sierra Regatta July 9 & 10.  I am looking forward to fun sailing with Weta friends in a beautiful mountain lake setting.  I want to plant the seed for the
      next opportunity to race in a beautiful setting: Santa Barbara.
      August 20 & 21 the Wine and Roses Regatta will be sailed off of the beach, west of the harbor, in Santa Barbara.  I have created a file in the Yahoo group that contains the NOR:
      If you find it hard to read, email me directly and I will send the original PDF attachment.  I was unable to download it to the group files in its original
      form.
      A great opportunity exists in this regatta. In his original email to our fleet, Steve Leo, the event chair wrote:
      We have a very unique set-up in Santa Barbara. We have arranged with the City of Santa Barbara to have exclusive use of the eastern half of the Harbor West Parking Lot from Friday at 5:00PM until Sunday evening. We have made arrangements with the City to allow us to stay in RVs in the parking lot for the weekend. Your participants will be invited to join us if they wish. There is a fee to park/camp in the lot but it is minimal considering what you are getting.

      If you want the original NOR or have questions and want more info, please contact me directly at:
      wetasocal@...

      Thanks,Bob Shirley

    • Bob Hyde
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 28, 2011
        This is one of those cases where not having your sail number in the picture is a
        real bonus...

        http://www.pressure-drop.us/forums/content.php?1542-SF-NOOD-The-Good-The-Bad-and-the-Really-Ugly

      • Bruce Fleming
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 28, 2011
          I'm sure that poor guy is very happy that nobody can see his sail
          number. What a moron!

          Oh, shoot. Wait a minute...I know that guy!

          Aloha,

          Bruce Fleming
          wavejump@...
          c: 858 342-9014

          On 6/28/2011 3:15 PM, Bob Hyde wrote:

          > This is one of those cases where not having your sail number in the
          > picture is a
          > real bonus...
          >
          > http://www.pressure-drop.us/forums/content.php?1542-SF-NOOD-The-Good-The-Bad-and-the-Really-Ugly

        • Christophe Allie
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 28, 2011
            But I thought the amas were supposed to be collapsible, and the Weta could transform into a submarine to go under the chase boat ?

            Christophe.

            On Jun 28, 2011, at 4:07 PM, Bruce Fleming wrote:

            > I'm sure that poor guy is very happy that nobody can see his sail
            > number. What a moron!
            >
            > Oh, shoot. Wait a minute...I know that guy!
            >
            > Aloha,
            >
            > Bruce Fleming
            > wavejump@...
            > c: 858 342-9014
            >
            > On 6/28/2011 3:15 PM, Bob Hyde wrote:
            > >
            > > This is one of those cases where not having your sail number in the
            > > picture is a
            > > real bonus...
            > >
            > > http://www.pressure-drop.us/forums/content.php?1542-SF-NOOD-The-Good-The-Bad-and-the-Really-Ugly

          • Robert Spencer
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 28, 2011
              Ignore the last two - jetlag/ sore fingers/ no glasses.

              What I was trying to say, is that there are no limits to what these West Coast guys will do to make the visitor feel welcome, and not feel the most stoopid on the water - hell they even flipped a few extra times so I wouldn't feel so bad about doing it twice.

              A true pleasure to sail with you guys, and I look forward to finding a way to get back next year - after my bruised and tired old body recovers. Ibuprofen should also get a special commendation :)

              Until next time....

              Robert

              >> Switch

            • Gordon Lyon
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 29, 2011
                Robert, you're a true bay sailor now. It was great good fun to have
                you here and I look forward to sailing with you again in California -
                or in Dubai!

                -- Gordon

                On Jun 28, 2011, at 7:04 PM, Robert Spencer wrote:

                > Ignore the last two - jetlag/ sore fingers/ no glasses.
                >
                > What I was trying to say, is that there are no limits to what these
                > West Coast guys will do to make the visitor feel welcome, and not
                > feel the most stoopid on the water - hell they even flipped a few
                > extra times so I wouldn't feel so bad about doing it twice.
                >
                > A true pleasure to sail with you guys, and I look forward to
                > finding a way to get back next year - after my bruised and tired
                > old body recovers. Ibuprofen should also get a special commendation :)
                >
                > Until next time....
                >
                > Robert
                >
                > >> Switch

              • David
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 29, 2011
                  I'll second that. Robert, you were a real trooper. Most normal people would have made an early exit for the showers and/or keg after a second inversion. It was great to meet you and play a part in introducing you to classic SF Bay Weta sailing!