Weta recently purchased in Miami looking to start one design.

  • Oscar
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 2, 2011
      I was innocently walking through the Miami Boat Show two weeks ago when
      fate grabbed the helm and steered me to the Weta booth. I am now the
      proud owner of hull #502. As far as I know, I'm the first to purchase a
      Weta in the area. Or are there any other Weta sailors in Biscayne Bay?
      I'd like to get a one-design fleet going as soon as others start
      realizing what a great boat she is.

      <http://www.miamiyachtclub.net/regattas/regattas.htm> Miami Yacht
      Club's annual Miami-Key Largo Race
      <http://www.miamiyachtclub.net/regattas/regattas.htm> is set for 16
      Apr. I'll be there and I hope other Fla sailors can make it too. Please
      let me know if you do decide to come down.

      Cheers, Oscar

    • Robert Spencer
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 2, 2011
        Congratulations Oscar, welcome to the 500+ elite. Can't make it to Miami - too far to commute, but best of luck starting a local fleet. Trying the same here in the middle east.
        Robert (233/470 in Dubai)

        Sent from iPhone (so please excuse the spelling!)

        On 2 Mar 2011, at 18:43, "Oscar" <oscarkramer@...> wrote:

        > I was innocently walking through the Miami Boat Show two weeks ago when
        > fate grabbed the helm and steered me to the Weta booth. I am now the
        > proud owner of hull #502. As far as I know, I'm the first to purchase a
        > Weta in the area. Or are there any other Weta sailors in Biscayne Bay?
        > I'd like to get a one-design fleet going as soon as others start
        > realizing what a great boat she is.
        >
        > <http://www.miamiyachtclub.net/regattas/regattas.htm> Miami Yacht
        > Club's annual Miami-Key Largo Race
        > <http://www.miamiyachtclub.net/regattas/regattas.htm> is set for 16
        > Apr. I'll be there and I hope other Fla sailors can make it too. Please
        > let me know if you do decide to come down.
        >
        > Cheers, Oscar

      • Richard Stephens
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 2, 2011
          Oscar,

          There will four days of one-design racing with a good size fleet in
          Pensacola Beach, FL, on May 1st to 5th. I hope you can come! More details
          are here:

          For building your own local fleet in Biscayne Bay, it is totally possible,
          but you have to work at it. At Ithaca, NY we are up to 4 boats in the first
          year. Just keep taking people sailing. Usually it only takes one sail and
          they are sold on the boat!

          Regards,
          Richard.
        • vfrhitch
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 3, 2011
            --- In Weta-Trimarans@yahoogroups.com, "Oscar" <oscarkramer@...> wrote:

            > I was innocently walking through the Miami Boat Show two weeks ago when
            >

            > Cheers, Oscar

            Oscar,

            Tell me some more about the innocent part . . . .

            Dick
          • Oscar
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 3, 2011
              Hehe. "Innocently" -- that is before I was addicted to speed!