Towing WETA Solo across a soft sand beach

  • dmh.usvi
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 26, 2011
      My WETA #509 just arrived on St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands and I have sailed it twice. Fast and Fun!
      I would appreciate advise on launching solo on a soft sand beach.
      I can tow my WETA on the supplied beach dolly loaded onto a Road King trailer and get within 30 meters of most beaches. It is easy for me to carry all parts to the water's edge except the main hull.
      Has anyone tried to use a kayak or canoe cart to move the main hull from beach dolly to the water's edge?
      There seem to be several on the market that will work well in soft sand like the Wheelez Kayak Cart with wide tires or possibly the Paddleboy Heavy Lifter or Wide Rider.
      If you're on St. Thomas or St. John, look me up and help me learn how to sail this beast.
      Thanks, David Holzman #509
    • David
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 26, 2011
        Woohoo, 500+! Congrats on the new boat. If you search this forum, you'll find lots of info on beach tires for the standard cart that will allow you to haul her down the beach all in one piece.