Interesting modifications?

  • wetatri
    Message 1 of 4 , May 12, 2009
      So, the Weta has been out for over a year now..........

      Let's hear the details about your interesting modifications.

      Some that I have seen include:

      -Twin tiller extensions
      -Storage/Inspection ports
      -Padding for the hiking rail
      -Block/shackle to raise the screacher furler lead
      -Additional screacher sheet blocks on forward beams
      -Snap shackle on main sheet attachment
      -Storage bags

      -WT
      no.148
    • Mitch
      Message 2 of 4 , May 12, 2009
        I think that's about it. James got his new blades to squeeze in the blade
        bag. I put little restraining lines on the ama port covers so I don't lose
        them in a capsize. I did get a longer mainsheet, and have some board tape
        in the daggerboard slot to keep out some of the water - the new boards are a
        much tighter fit however and seem to have gotten rid of the fountain on
        their own.

        I will be putting on a 2:1 jib sheet - oh, and I have a snap shackle on the
        jib clew board. A couple guys also have cleats on the mast for the halyards.

        Greg

        On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 7:10 PM, wetatri <minzuki@...> wrote:

        > So, the Weta has been out for over a year now..........
        >
        > Let's hear the details about your interesting modifications.
        >
        > Some that I have seen include:
        >
        > -Twin tiller extensions
        > -Storage/Inspection ports
        > -Padding for the hiking rail
        > -Block/shackle to raise the screacher furler lead
        > -Additional screacher sheet blocks on forward beams
        > -Snap shackle on main sheet attachment
        > -Storage bags
        >
        > -WT
        > no.148

      • Robert Shirley
        Message 3 of 4 , May 13, 2009

          Just some thoughts to discuss in the forum.....

          Can anybody post some pix of where you chose to place inspection ports? I intend to put one in the foredeck and two in the cockpit but would like some opinions on optimal placement. i.e. has anybody put one in the fore deck off center so the furler line doesn't cross it?  Did you put ones in the cockpit on the seat (top) or in the sides. Also, the cam cleats that hold the boat to the dolly....I don't ever use them for the main. I am considering rotating them so I can use them for the gennaker.  Has anybody done that?  How are they fastened?

          Bob S.

        • Mitch
          Message 4 of 4 , May 13, 2009
            My inspection port is a 6" port midway between the mast step and the leading
            edge of the daggerboard slot.
            There's a "bag" available that hangs in the opening.

            When it's breezy - I use the dolly cleats for the main- upwind and down.

            Downwind, I cleat off the main trim the kite actively. A cleat for the kite
            would be handy when singlehanding - but I led the kite forward so there
            aren't any clat locations up there.
            Greg